Custom 7till8 wetsuits

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Typical attitude of, "we have always done it like this so why change." Do you fear change casa? I bet you do
lol

Been ordering custom wetsuits for a long time, from various brands.

I've always been measured by someone at the factory or that's been trained to measure by the company.

If you have money to blow and trust your own hands to know how the company measures, well, it must be nice.

Just don't scratch your head when your sh!t doesn't fit.

Custom fit equals potentially less stress on parts of the suit, at least that is what the theory is. I'll have to find out if it is true.
That's the whole point of a custom suit.

Unfortunately you took matters into your own handz and measured too small.

Sounds like the only way you'll be putting less stress on the seams and the 'prene...is by never putting it on.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I loved my 7till8, best wetsuit I ever wore, and mine fit good right out of the box and softened a bit over time, but in a good way.

Were you in honest in your measurements? Not how you think it should fit, but your actual body? Important, I think.

I bought a new suit and shined the 7till8 for an XCEL which fit fine and was a lot cheaper... like somebody said, I could have bought two and rotated them, preserving the life on both.

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
lol

Been ordering custom wetsuits for a long time, from various brands.

I've always been measured by someone at the factory or that's been trained to measure by the company.

If you have money to blow and trust your own hands to know how the company measures, well, it must be nice.

Just don't scratch your head when your sh!t doesn't fit.

That's the whole point of a custom suit.

Unfortunately you took matters into your own handz and measured too small.

Sounds like the only way you'll be putting less stress on the seams and the 'prene...is by never putting it on.
Ok, I misinterpreted the meaning behind what you initially said. I thought you were saying, dont get measured for a custom wetsuit, as in just by it off the rack.

Well, my wife took the measurements so it's on her.

After trying on on a few more times, although super snug, I think it will be ok after I use it.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I think 7till8 does Cleanline surf's wetsuits, they look legit, and are definitely priced that way.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Custom, bespoke, made to fit...

This all smells of money to burn to my poor old simple ass.

Just scored a Janga off the rack from last year on sale for under 200 bucks.

Works great, fits great.

Next winter ordering 2 to amortize shipping tho. 40€ is steep for a buck 90 product in terms of customs charges, especially for a wetsuit from Portugal!

:cursing: