CUSH

May 15, 2017
. Its the new epoxy lay up different than that guys whos nose got busted off. Modern Cush boards have eps core with epoxy top and bottom and the skin vacuumed to it. Parabolic stringers. Skin is soft and slick but nothing like a boogie. This skin is dull finish and is soft and pushes in and you can feel the glass under it. Different beast. These new ones are much better imho

Last edited:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Ineffable said:
Well I finally found a used one off of craigslist hawaii. Its the new epoxy lay up different than that guys whos nose got busted off. This one is eps core with epoxy top and bottom and the skin vacuumed to it. Parabolic stringers. Skin is soft and slick but nothing like a boogie. This skin is dull finish and is soft and pushes in then you can feel the glass under it. Different beast. These new ones are much better imho. Neva sellin this one.
They sell used ones on their website
used ones for sale

May 15, 2017
yeah those are the Surflight brand/build which is a little different than the Cush build. But amazing to see those used ones are 10 plus years old. Jeff Johnston built a lot of them with Matt Yerxa in the 2000s.
Was under appreciated then.
Now they are an answer to so much including better for the earth

Last edited:

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
oneula said:
I have a bunch maybe three
Very hi-tech
original concocted by Greg's crazy shaper friend Mike Croteau
Currently run by Jim Richardson and Jeff Johnson both who used to shape for T&C when they had an insane stable of shapers.
Jim is a professor at the school of business at UH

The old design was a unidirectional carbon wrapped core of blue XPS foam shaped in the form of a car spring where the thickness, length and width controlled the amount of flex. Over this was glued polyethylene foam often used in the packing of electronics.
These blanks are then somehow shaped and covered with rubber/plastic spray coating to seal the board.

The current design uses the same material that they use on the bottom of the wavestorms and new boogie boards which is supposed to be very fast the deck still have a soft skin but the bottoms are harder and much slippier. The cores are now eps versus xps because of the delamming issues with XPS.

Its everything Tom Morey said we'd need in a surfboard in the 70's before he invented the boogie. I still have that surfer magazine article which introduce his soft surfboard and air injected surfboard ideas with lenny. Tom and Jim are still heroes of mine. Croteau would have been another had I heard of him back then, but some of his shapes are insane.

6'8" mini gun on the right Brazilian shaper

10' Fun Gun on the top

Surflight Technology
That middle board in the bottom photo looks sick! :jam_on:

May 15, 2017
^^^That description of the skin is old. ^^^^^
-
They don't use bodyboard skin.
The skin is more like vinyl and it has a soft feel to it.
Like they said, it's like a steering wheel soft but with an epoxy surfboard inside.

May 15, 2017
Heard they may enter the alternative craft division at sacred craft. But they said they are concerned about design thieves so they havent decided. Their skin breakthru will definitely shake up the house

May 15, 2017
really want to see one in person. didn't know they were going to be there. hopefully they go to del mar this may for the boardroom show demo.
I know there are a couple demo boards in Carlsbad right now.
A couple demos at one of the Surfride stores
If you email them at cushsurfboards@gmail.com I think they have a way of getting you one to try
I think its a 5'6 groveler ?
Good luck!