Vacuum wrapped soft smooth skin on the entire board
They last 10 times as long as any board
They are passed on not thrown in a landfill
Nobody cared about that in 2001
We all do now

www.spacesticklab.com

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
Patented “skin” on the board has a thin layer of foam under it. Rails are memory foam with skin over them. Revolutionary and largely unnoticed until surfers became conscious of how many boards end up in landfills
Shaped by a CNC or hand like any high performance board just a different build

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
Cool yeah because they are a high performance board that can technically beat blackball in oz. because of the memory foam rails
Boards still like new after 20 years
Not piling up in landfills
These are same -but another new factory mainland
Nobody noticed them in 2000 but they do now

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
ah yeah right on I totally agree man. Time to bring them mainland and to the world finally

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
wow Greg griffin hey you have solid boards Ive seen them. and I checked your site. ill visit you sometime and check things out. I had some old Haut's and brewers around my dads house I rode. Huge respect. tri fin hovercraft looks a gem for groveling between swells.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I took a surflight to Costa Rica. One hungover morning I stood up with the board in the living room and the ceiling fan chopped the nose off.

Years later I buckled it at Ehukai. Wade Tokoro parked next to me and saw the board. Said they weren't supposed to break then tripped out on the weird inside core.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It was a surflight, I ordered direct from their factory in Waialua. The Core is solid but it doesn't go from the tip to the tail, it goes about 90% of the board. Enough of the tip for it to get ripped off. Next time you surf it, squeeze the nose and you can tell where it stops.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I have a bunch maybe three
Very hi-tech
original concocted by Greg's crazy shaper friend Mike Croteau
Currently run by Jim Richardson and Jeff Johnson both who used to shape for T&C when they had an insane stable of shapers.
Jim is a professor at the school of business at UH

The old design was a unidirectional carbon wrapped core of blue XPS foam shaped in the form of a car spring where the thickness, length and width controlled the amount of flex. Over this was glued polyethylene foam often used in the packing of electronics.
These blanks are then somehow shaped and covered with rubber/plastic spray coating to seal the board.

The current design uses the same material that they use on the bottom of the wavestorms and new boogie boards which is supposed to be very fast the deck still have a soft skin but the bottoms are harder and much slippier. The cores are now eps versus xps because of the delamming issues with XPS.

Its everything Tom Morey said we'd need in a surfboard in the 70's before he invented the boogie. I still have that surfer magazine article which introduce his soft surfboard and air injected surfboard ideas with lenny. Tom and Jim are still heroes of mine. Croteau would have been another had I heard of him back then, but some of his shapes are insane.

6'8" mini gun on the right Brazilian shaper

10' Fun Gun on the top

Surflight Technology

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
Tom's got a fundraiser going: https://www.youcaring.com/tommorey-929933

if ya wanna put your money where your fingers is

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
xmesa said: