Cuboid stress fracture?? (foot/ankle)

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
My feet are super flat and when I try something with an arch I get back problems. I’ve never tried new balance. I’ll try them out. Get some before my follow up and impress the doctor lol

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My feet are super flat and when I try something with an arch I get back problems. I’ve never tried new balance. I’ll try them out. Get some before my follow up and impress the doctor lol
Ultra cush is hard to get away from:)

Reactions: rts265

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I have a previously torn meniscus and I’m feeling it right now. Back too. That’s why I brought my crutches

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Yeah. Thanks. Hurts like hell walking this morning. Got a good range of motion sitting. Can rotate it both ways and make it crack like a knuckle. Swelling. It any worse. No bruising. I wouldn’t think there’s a break but considering taking crutches with me today, or better to keep walking?
Lay on the floor on your back and prop your legs up on the sofa or chair. Watch a movie. Drain it.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Well I did the mri. The tech was like are you even hurt when I carried my crutches to the back. Hoping for the best. Feels better every day but definitely injured

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Soft tissue injuries suck but normally they resolve pretty quickly if you take it easy. Push too hard and things like tendonitis become really hard to heal. Cartilage bruising and tears need some attention because it can "die" which is what's commonly known as arthritis. If it's a minor tear or a sprain you'll be healed before you feel healed, which is why you want to remain cautiously active.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I’d probably be surfing or training the jits today if I was younger that’s how much it’s improved.

if doctor says I need to stay off it for six weeks do I listen to him or my body?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I’d probably be surfing or training the jits today if I was younger that’s how much it’s improved.

if doctor says I need to stay off it for six weeks do I listen to him or my body?
6 weeks is a long time to stay off your feet, especially without any positive pathology. I would listen to your body and see what the MRI comes up with and if nothing is broken or torn there is no reason to be non weight bearing or immobilize.

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Doctors/physicians/any other medical professional are all human. Personalities vary. MRI would be a good idea if pain persists beyond 2 weeks. And yes it's not a good idea to run to the doctor when you have foot pain so bad you can hardly walk (kidding!!!). In all seriousness, rest up, keep it elevated, wear that boot and see how it goes for a week or 2. Feet heal slowly.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I ordered new balance crosstrainers. Ankle is too fucked up to be going around trying on shoes