Cuboid stress fracture?? (foot/ankle)

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Did something stupid. Walking down stairs texting , almost fell, weighted on the outside/top of foot. Immediate pain. Went away in like 30 seconds enough that I can walk on it all day. Painful going down stairs. The inferior extensor whatever is swollen and a bit bruised. Maybe I should lay off the political forum. Maybe this is karma. I can rotate my foot and make my ankle crack in a good way. I’ll be heading to doctor tomorrow if it’s bad. Anyone did anything so stupid?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Yeah. Thanks. Hurts like hell walking this morning. Got a good range of motion sitting. Can rotate it both ways and make it crack like a knuckle. Swelling. It any worse. No bruising. I wouldn’t think there’s a break but considering taking crutches with me today, or better to keep walking?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Me, I would walk up to the point that it hurt too much. If after a bit on your feet causes the pain to subside and everything to loosen up you're on the right track.

If you're worried that something is broken get an X-ray. If it shows it's just a sprain or something else non structural babying it is only going to delay healing.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Yeah it’s stiff and hurts after sitting or laying. Pain lessons as I walk around. I’m giving it a day. I’m definitely hurt. What hurts the most is it was plain stupidity that caused this

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Voltaren gel is your friend. $10 - 15 in Mexican & CaNadian pharmacies no prescription Required. +$40 US pharmacy plus prescription required. Soft tissue damage magic. PM me if you’re in San D’go

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Yeah it’s stiff and hurts after sitting or laying. Pain lessons as I walk around. I’m giving it a day. I’m definitely hurt. What hurts the most is it was plain stupidity that caused this
At least you didn't walk out into traffic and meet your maker.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Just had similiar incident happen to knee so I cut out high impact stuff for 2 weeks and elevated knee at night when I came home from work. Rest seemed to work even after working on it for 8 hours day. I am back to full work out this week and knee feels good yet little tired from woek out.

Reactions: rts265

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I could see swelling through sock so panicked and saw ortho.

x ray shows no breaks.

Gave me a boot which is uncomfortable as fuck. Just gonna use crutches for extended distances

wants to get mri based on tenderness when he touches a certain spot. I think he’s just milking the insurance. If it still hurts when they schedule mri I’ll do it. If big improvement I’m not going

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
He said he suspects stress fracture of the cuboid

only because that was the only spot I said there was pain when he pushed on it - hardly any pain at all

good news is X-ray doesn’t show breaks. I’ve torn knee ligaments before and this doesn’t feel like major damage. I won’t be surfing this week that’s for sure

• Sad

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Voltaren gel is your friend. $10 - 15 in Mexican & CaNadian pharmacies no prescription Required. +$40 US pharmacy plus prescription required. Soft tissue damage magic. PM me if you’re in San D’go
The doctor was a dick. I asked for this stuff and he replied it’s not going to address the problem. You can take Advil.

he also bitched me out about my flat feet and choice of shoes - vans. Said I’m going to develop problems when I’m an adult.

I just sat there like WTF. 40 isn’t an adult?

I’m just focusing on the X-ray. No breaks.

• Haha

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Updated title.

doctor circled where hes concerned. It doesn’t even hurt there today. Walking is much better than yesterday. They want me to come in for an mri tomorrow. Idk about these guys

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Updated title.

doctor circled where hes concerned. It doesn’t even hurt there today. Walking is much better than yesterday. They want me to come in for an mri tomorrow. Idk about these guys
Stress fractures need rezt to heal had one on foot and knee both healed in about 3 weeks with foot being easier after ortho gave me a arch for shoe.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Stress fractures need rezt to heal had one on foot and knee both healed in about 3 weeks with foot being easier after ortho gave me a arch for shoe.
Did you get mri to confirm?

feel like i jumped the gun on this and am going to spend unnecessarily.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Update had I waited until today I would not have gone to doctor. I was exhausted yesterday from walking around on it and feeling pretty pessimistic. This morning feels much better. The boot sucks. It’s going to cause back problems. I brought my old crutches with me. They suck too. Easier to just walk gently and least strain on my body

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Update had I waited until today I would not have gone to doctor. I was exhausted yesterday from walking around on it and feeling pretty pessimistic. This morning feels much better. The boot sucks. It’s going to cause back problems. I brought my old crutches with me. They suck too. Easier to just walk gently and least strain on my body
When I fractured my heel bone I was non weight bearing for 11 weeks post surgery, then they gave me a boot that I was supposed to wear for 4 weeks. It lasted about 20 minutes. Never wore it again. I went back to the Dr a couple weeks later for a follow up and he asked where ti was and I told him I didn't like it and didn't use it. His only explanation for using the boot was that after being in a cast for 11 weeks the muscles around the foot are weakened and the boot prevents you from basically rolling your ankle while walking which would cause a sprain (which in all honesty are sometimes serious) but it I didn't want to wear it be careful.

The boot immobilizes the joint, which hampers recovery. I know why they gave it to you. Studies probably show that adults from ages 25-87 have a chance of rolling an ankle due to pain or something ......and doctors also know that when they tell patients to take something over the counter for pain as needed and not to worry about it they become insufferable.

get rid of the boot and crutches, be careful, rest when needed, heal.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Updated title.

A lot of doctors behavior in situations like this is driven by patients belief and need to be in a very unique and dangerous situation. Re-read your reaction in this thread from the beginning. You hurt your ankle, figured it would be fine in a few days, and then your mind was off to the races.