I was told there would be no math
And if there is to be any math, it is to be handled by r32 or chee-to

• Love
Reactions: r32

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
You want to use Pro 100% of the time. Like r32 said, it's included in your regular Coinbase account.

And you can be a pretty high-rolling plebe on CB Pro. It's pretty easy to get six-figure daily ACH deposit/withdrawal limits. That's still the shallow end in the crypto world, but it's real money to some of us.
CB Pro...once I figured it out, game on! Thanks!

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Anybody here "farming" airdrops? Currently staking SCRT to qualify for the Shade Protocol airdrop, and have lucked into a few others just messing around with stuff in the AVAX ecosystem.

Who's got eyes on interesting protocols that don't yet have a token in circulation?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Anybody here "farming" airdrops? Currently staking SCRT to qualify for the Shade Protocol airdrop, and have lucked into a few others just messing around with stuff in the AVAX ecosystem.

Who's got eyes on interesting protocols that don't yet have a token in circulation?
Tons. Staking LUNA is yielding airdrops on pretty much every new token coming into the Terra ecosystem.

Reactions: bird.LA

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
you may want to learn the language or stay ignorant and be kicking yourself 10 years down the line :shameonyou:
play those cards right and you might be able to retire by the end of the next bull run
I'm trying, it's a lot to learn and I like to complain while I do anything difficult. It makes me laugh, then I'm not frustrated, and can work through the pain

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr and Subway

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I'm trying, it's a lot to learn and I like to complain while I do anything difficult. It makes me laugh, then I'm not frustrated, and can work through the pain
you can learn a lot from youtube, no reading required :monkey:

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
You guys really need to look into $TIME. This is a fork of $OHM which i another high IQ play but I think $TIME is even better. $TIME has $70,000 APY and the price of coin continues to climb. To get time, either wrap your $ETH to $WETH or get some $AVAX. Get Avalanche network setup on your Metamask and then go to Wonderland and stake. Rebase occurs every 8 hours.
$ICE is the next brain child of the same team. This ties into Popscicle Finance which is changing the game for LP's. Right now $ICE is in the $60 range but could go to $1000 and higher.

The whole magic internet money $MIM is real and will become a major stablecoin. $TIME, $ICE, and $MIM are all interconnected. https://abracadabra.money/

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
On CBPro, the only LUNA listed is WLUNA, Wrapped LUNA...?
It is not LUNA, but rather a separate ERC-20 (ETH-based) token that’s designed to track LUNA’s value. So basically it's a mirror of LUNA. The 'W' stands for "Wrapped".

WLUNA = Wrapped Luna

Some coins operate on different types of platform technology that are not easily compatible with Coinbase exchanges. So to be able to offer the coin, Coinbase (or someone else) creates a "wrapped" version of the coin and through the use of complex bots, rebasing, burn control, or some other algo-based fancy tech, the WLUNA price remains approximately equal to LUNA.

Be sure not to send WLUNA to a LUNA wallet address or vice-versa.

Other wrapped coins include

WBTC
WONE
WMATIC
WBNB

and a whole bunch of others.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
On CBPro, the only LUNA listed is WLUNA, Wrapped LUNA...?
Wrapped tokens are versions of tokens that exist on other, non-native blockchains. For instance, BTC is its own blockchain token on the Bitcoin network, but because Bitcoin never had smart contracts, BTC had no Defi applications - until someone created wBTC (as an "ERC-20 token") on the Ethereum network. Anyone who deposited BTC on the Bitcoin network would mint wBTC of equivalent value on Ethereum, and be able to use the wBTC there.

WLUNA is LUNA held on the Ethereum network. You want native LUNA on the Terra network. Buying WLUNA on CBP isn't ideal right now, because you can only withdraw it to Ethereum, and then you would have to pay ETH gas fees to bridge it over to Terra to hold and stake it as actual LUNA. The better route is to buy SOL on CBP, withdraw to your SOL wallet, trade the SOL for UST, and then bridge that over Wormhole to Terra. You can then buy LUNA with the UST on the Terra blockchain. I believe this route is active, but have never tried it - DYOR.

Reactions: stringcheese

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Wrapped tokens are versions of tokens that exist on other, non-native blockchains. For instance, BTC is its own blockchain token on the Bitcoin network, but because Bitcoin never had smart contracts, BTC had no Defi applications - until someone created wBTC (as an "ERC-20 token") on the Ethereum network. Anyone who deposited BTC on the Bitcoin network would mint wBTC of equivalent value on Ethereum, and be able to use the wBTC there.

WLUNA is LUNA held on the Ethereum network. You want native LUNA on the Terra network. Buying WLUNA on CBP isn't ideal right now, because you can only withdraw it to Ethereum, and then you would have to pay ETH gas fees to bridge it over to Terra to hold and stake it as actual LUNA. The better route is to buy SOL on CBP, withdraw to your SOL wallet, trade the SOL for UST, and then bridge that over Wormhole to Terra. You can then buy LUNA with the UST on the Terra blockchain. I believe this route is active, but have never tried it - DYOR.
Or how about just buying LUNA on Gemini instead?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Or how about just buying LUNA on Gemini instead?
Can you buy LUNA on Gemini and withdraw directly to Terra? That would be the best course of action if you have deposits on Gemini. I haven't logged in to Gemini in a long time.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Can you buy LUNA on Gemini and withdraw directly to Terra? That would be the best course of action if you have deposits on Gemini. I haven't logged in to Gemini in a long time.
Oh sh!t, just looked into it, and Gemini is actually selling WLUNA too. Kind of lame that they just label it LUNA.

Ok, how about Kucoin? lol

edit: there's also a BNB bridge I believe. I've only fkd with ETH bridges to date though, so def DYOR prior to making any moves.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Oh sh!t, just looked into it, and Gemini is actually selling WLUNA too. Kind of lame that they just label it LUNA.

Ok, how about Kucoin? lol

edit: there's also a BNB bridge I believe. I've only fkd with ETH bridges to date though, so def DYOR prior to making any moves.
There are several bridges - it's pretty easy to get coins in between the ETH, SOL, Terra, BSC, MATIC, XTZ, and FTM networks. The question is how to do it cheaply, and ETH gas is usually the sticking point as the US CEXes only sell LUNA and USDC on ETH chain.

You could sign up and KYC for FTX.us, which would allow you to deposit fiat to FTX and withdraw USDC and maybe UST directly to SOL, then swap the USDC on Saber or Mercurial for UST and send that to Terra.

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Tons. Staking LUNA is yielding airdrops on pretty much every new token coming into the Terra ecosystem.
But do you get that from just staking Luna with Terra, or do you need to stake Luna in all of these individual projects and wait for the airdrop?

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
There are several bridges - it's pretty easy to get coins in between the ETH, SOL, Terra, BSC, MATIC, XTZ, and FTM networks. The question is how to do it cheaply, and ETH gas is usually the sticking point as the US CEXes only sell LUNA and USDC on ETH chain.
Seems like Friday and Saturday evenings are the best times to make ETH transactions if one must. Very reasonable gas fees last night.

As far as avoiding ETH entirely goes, allbridge looks interesting. Not sure how soon the LUNA "coming soon" part is.

Last edited:

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Seems like Friday and Saturday evenings are the best times to make ETH transactions if one must. Very reasonably gas fees last night.

As far as avoiding ETH entirely goes, allbridge looks interesting. Not sure how soon the LUNA "coming soon" part is.
I think Sunday night is even better, at least in my experience. Haha I spend all week looking forward to getting my transactions done then