Crowded California

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
When the wave comes in, looks like it's going to break, and then backs down, dribbling on the sand. Instead of the face going from, say, 4 to 6 foot as it feels the bottom, it will go from 4 to 2.

Think of the furthest you can drive on the West Side of Oahu (I've seen it in it's glory and that place is terrifying from the sand - kudos to the locals there) and then picture the exact opposite. Hence my nickname of Tamarack as Pray for Chastity.
And when it does break, it closes out before you can even get to the bottom.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Laughing at the complaining about crowds. Went to the beach yesterday. Breaking way outside. 2 guys out, 100 yards apart. Frothing to squeeze in an hour sesh before having to take the 10-yr-old to a bday party. Realize I forgot 2 bolts in my other car (move to foil forum). Went home blue-balled w my tail tucked between my legs.

Most days, im hoping another person paddles out before it gets too dark and fluffy wakes up. Weird thought. Never wanted another human in the water surfing.

Reactions: Havoc

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I surfed hollow, offshore, overhead RJ's with 3 other dudes this summer. They were frothing on how empty it was.

Today featured a Christian surf contest on the south side of the pier, while the currents on the north side were whipping guys through the pilings to interfere with the competitors. The city needs to either severely limit the number of contest permits it gives out per year or move every contest that isn't the US Open way down the beach.

Reactions: Kento

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal

The Donner Party. Starvation Camp. A group of 17 members led out of the Donner lake camp by the 1st and 2nd Relief parties. They got over the summit to right about where Sugarbowl ski area is today. Mt. Judah, Mt. Disney. The absolute, most deepest snowfall region in the USA.

A giant hole in the snow 26 feet deep. A handfull of healthy people rescued. The rescuers cut as much firewood as they could, left as much supplies as they could carry. Took out the people who could travel...Those who were left ate the supplies. Hypothermia. Kids and women left who succumbed.

A lot of bones around SugarBowl.

99,9% of the people who now live in California are Kooks. Valwipes...

Last edited: