Crow Haley Leash

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a CI hex super comp leash. It is thinner than athletic shoe lace. It's ridiculous how thin it is. My surf shop buyer friend gave it to me cause he thought it would snap first session. It's lasted two years, but I only use it when waves are really small.

Hex design makes so much sense from an engineering stand point. More resistant to breaks and tangling.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
I haven't tried their thinner leashes yet but the Hotline big wave leashes have been awesome. Super supple and no funky memory. I think they're made in USA too.
Hey those Hotline leashes look dope Aruka! I checked out their website and they are indeed made in USA.
Hope all is well in the PNW.

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
On the recommendation of you all on this forum. I bought a comp leash from Haley a couple years ago.
The swivels on it were rail destroyers. There is a sharp ridge in the molding where the hex screw sits on both swivels. I'm back to using Asian leashes.

Reactions: Bkucera

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Never understood the crow Haley leashes. The one I had was the worst leash I’ve ever experienced by far.

I have that fancy new FCS leash right now, actually a really good leash.
FCS' Freedom leash? I couldn't stand those if that's what you're mentioning. The standoff was way too long and I got hog-tied at least three times in a week (probably happened a couple of times in 37 years of surfing). I got my money back on the two I bought. They were the hot new thing and went quickly on CL since they were sold out at stores for a few weeks. No one at my local shop has anything good to say about them. I'm digging the new Creatures' Suplerlite comp which I've had for a few months.