Critical Race Theory

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Clown World always stresses about problems that don't actually exist and that no one actually has, that will not be remedied if addressed, and will change nothing upon being acknowledged. existential pearl clutching delivered in kind of an Irish step dancing format.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
fox news dedicated so much airtime to CRT - now we never hear about it. i would think that people want to know what's happening with this important issue

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Clown World always stresses about problems that don't actually exist and that no one actually has, that will not be remedied if addressed, and will change nothing upon being acknowledged. existential pearl clutching delivered in kind of an Irish step dancing format.
You just characterized the BLM and Trans Lives Matter movements perfectly :beer:

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You might feel differently
Feelings are just that . . . Feelings. Facts matter more and don’t care about feelings.

if your brother or son were shot by police.
How many people does that apply to? Look up the number of unarmed people who are shot by police every year and get back to
Me.

What is the bigger picture that is lost by caring about police brutality?
The declining number of shootings, the fact that a higher percentage of whites are shot dead by police, the number of arrests (in the Millions) per year relative to the number of shootings, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Black males are many times more likely to be shot by another black male than by a cop of any color.

That being said, police brutality is def a problem in a lot of places.

Reactions: grapedrink

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Blacks do, however the degree at which the issue is discussed is greatly exaggerated and ignores the bigger picture.
i'm not gonna go there with you, my artificially flavored carbonated friend, other than to say that being trans is a choice and being black is not and that makes all the difference to my simple mind. one of these things is not like the other. that is all.:waving:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
As ALWAYS, you’re full of sh!t.

Your “source” (that you don’t even link) doesn’t account for armed vs unarmed or for total police encounters. Blacks are 3X more likely to be killed by police, but they also have 3.6X more encounters. Which mathetically means that a higher percentage of police encounters end in death for whites.

In 2022, there have been 6 unarmed blacks shot and killed. While I would agree that the number should be zero, it is a far cry from the crisis that the media makes it out to be.