Critical Race Theory in U.S. Schools

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Fear of being subsumed is at the root of this panic among a small (but loud) portion of the white population.

The right wing media is stocking that fear to hold on to control.

There is a power grab going on by the far left too.

So there is that.
What do you say to a kid from a disadvantaged family who has to attend Rutgers instead of Columbia because he was white and lost out to a less qualified person of color due to imaginary conditions championed by elite classists?

There is inequality in this country but it has nothing to do with race....it's 100% socio-economic.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What do you say to a kid from a disadvantaged family who has to attend Rutgers instead of Columbia because he was white and lost out to a less qualified person of color due to imaginary conditions championed by elite classists?

There is inequality in this country but it has nothing to do with race....it's 100% socio-economic.
I agree.

But the white kid who goes to Rutgers will be fine.

It's good to be a big fish in the small pond.

Those black kids would be better off at Rutgers, building self efficacy.

The elite colleges are doing what they think is best for them and not for the blacks. The admins running the show are not doing what is best for the students. They are self serving.

The politics of elite universities really has little effect on the average white person who thinks he's going to be subsumed.

But I agree people on the left are using race to grab power.

But the right using race to hold onto it.

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019

I would say: 'maybe if your mommy and/or daddy had gone to Columbia then you could have gotten in on a legacy boost'

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If you kick ass a state college, you can get graduate school for free somewhere.

I know people who send their kids to expensive schools for their BA and I'm like NO NO NO!

Get the BA on the cheap; if the kids is smart and works hard, you get grad school for free.

They never listen.

I have students who brag about how rich their parents are and how they live in Laguna in a big mansion.

I say, "Why are you going to a state college? Are you stupid?"

(I can't believe I used to say stuff like that.) :dancing:

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp and Ifallalot

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
For most students the politics of the school and all the SJW sh!t you see in the media is a non-factor. Maybe if you are a humanities major it comes into play but if you major in business or biochem or engineering or architecture or math or computer science or physics it's not a thing. You just sit through your required ethnic studies class and get on with it. My kid took "Central American Cultures" as her required ES class at a CSU and bullshitted her way though it with ease.

Also, with just a few exceptions, where you got your bachelors degree is not very important. It's way more important that you get the damn thing. Especially in certain careers, possessing one will open more than a few doors.

Reactions: Autoprax and Kento

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
For most students the politics of the school and all the SJW sh!t you see in the media is a non-factor. Maybe if you are a humanities major it comes into play but if you major in business or biochem or engineering or architecture or math or computer science or physics it's not a thing. You just sit through your required ethnic studies class and get on with it. My kid took "Central American Cultures" as her required ES class at a CSU and bullshitted her way though it with ease.

Also, with just a few exceptions, where you got your bachelors degree is not very important. It's way more important that you get the damn thing. Especially in certain careers, possessing one will open more than a few doors.
My freshman at Cal State are not into the SJ.

It's all coming from above.

Reactions: Oakleys_N_Zinka