Critical Race Theory in U.S. Schools

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Regardless of where they are from, the 3rd world FOB engineers that I work with are always the best. They are open minded and willing to try a new way to solve problems and often have great solutions because they've had to make it up as they go for most of their lives.
From them and other life experiences, I have learned that open mindedness is one of if not the biggest asset one can have.

Reactions: hal9000

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had a lab partner at Cal Poly who was a Nigerian exchange student. I learned a lot from that guy.
I always thought I should marry a Nigerian Princess to make up for my weak jew genes.

She would have big titties and a hot pussy :roflmao:

When I would joke around with her, she would go, "Oh, man!" and roll her eyes.

• Love
Reactions: npsp and hal9000

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
As these examples show, being black doesn't equal being stupid. Being brought up by idiots in Compton or wherever will make you stupid. A sh!t-apple doesn't fall far from the sh!t-tree. CRT'ers are blaming "whiteness" for the socio-economic issues of many black people. Being black sucks, obviously, but the main problem of black people is that they don't go to school and instead roam the streets until they get choked out by the police. The road to becoming an upstanding citizen is a lot longer if you have a disadvantaged social/economic background and BLM/CRT'ers should focus on those issues instead of yelling at the police for doing their job.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
As these examples show, being black doesn't equal being stupid. Being brought up by idiots in Compton or wherever will make you stupid. A sh!t-apple doesn't fall far from the sh!t-tree. CRT'ers are blaming "whiteness" for the socio-economic issues of many black people. Being black sucks, obviously, but the main problem of black people is that they don't go to school and instead roam the streets until they get choked out by the police. The road to becoming an upstanding citizen is a lot longer if you have a disadvantaged social/economic background and BLM/CRT'ers should focus on those issues instead of yelling at the police for doing their job.
I see those points but i also think that people in black an/or low-income communities want the same exact things that people in affluent white communities want. Safety, security, community, opportunity, and resources.

I also think that, at a certain age, a person has to begin to make conscious choices about whether to pursue an education, pursue opportunities that are available to them, and at least attempt to claw their way out of their present situation. This is often easier said than done though.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I also think that, at a certain age, a person has to begin to make conscious choices about whether to pursue an education, pursue opportunities that are available to them, and at least attempt to claw their way out of their present situation. This is often easier said than done though.
Some people have the determination and drive to claw out on their own (the bootstrappers). Some people want to claw out but need a little boost (AVID in high school, Cal Grants for college). Some people want to get out but are unwilling to do anything to help themselves and expect others to drag them out (whiners and other lazy-ass motherfuckers). And some people just don't give a fuck and have given up on being a productive member of society (total losers).

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
wp love to make this “observation“ but how prevalent is it really?
You missed your true calling in life. You should have been a podcast host. Podcasts need hosts that ask provocative questions like the above. If that hack Joe Rogan has 10 million followers think how many you could have. It would cut down on your posting time here but we’d be willing to make the sacrifice.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
wp love to make this “observation“ but how prevalent is it really?
Negative peer pressure is so real. High performing black kids get called Oreos and high performing Latino kids get called coconuts. And then there's the whole schoolboy/schoolgirl thing. Almost every smart and successful kid of color has had to endure this microagression, although by their junior and senior years of high school their contact with the smartass punks of their same skin color is minimized due to AP classes and other high achiever stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp