Critical Race Theory in U.S. Schools

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

DALLAS, TX—Gathering his wife and children close to him as he shared the tragic news, area conservative Dan Gainey, 66, informed his family Tuesday that Critical Race Theory had spread to his liver. “There’s no easy way to say this, but I just got the diagnosis that I have Critical Race Theory, and soon my body will be completely ravaged by it,” said Gainey of the academic movement focused on studying social and cultural issues through the lens of institutional racism that was reportedly metastasizing within him. “I promise you all I’m going to fight like Hell to lick this thing, but the truth is that it’s a pernicious ideology capable of spreading rapidly, so I probably don’t have all that much longer. I just pray it doesn’t spread to my brain—if you ever hear me rambling incoherently about how the inequalities that spurred the civil rights movements are still with us today, I’m begging you right now to put me out of my misery.” At press time, Gainey sought to comfort his crying family with the promise that if they remembered the U.S. was historically the least racist country on Earth, he would always be with them in spirit.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I'm guessing that before it got repurposed, the original theme of that paragraph was "feminism is cancer".

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
My D-I-L is an elementary school teacher, and she has to keep her head down among her peers because of their extreme politics. "Slightly more liberal" doesn't describe the situation she has witnessed in all 3 school districts she has worked in. (Northern San Diego County, BTW)

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
"Character" is an individual attribute, as well as being the result of an individual's choices. Not a group attribute and not a group choice.

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Black people don't care about CRT. This is 1000% on a group of white liberal Karens who have it so good they need to invent bad sh!t.
I always love when you speak in the name of black people.

All white righties on erBB love to do that.

My favorite is when you speak for black people and decide what's racist and what's not.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Negative peer pressure is so real. High performing black kids get called Oreos and high performing Latino kids get called coconuts. And then there's the whole schoolboy/schoolgirl thing. Almost every smart and successful kid of color has had to endure this microagression, although by their junior and senior years of high school their contact with the smartass punks of their same skin color is minimized due to AP classes and other high achiever stuff.
This!!

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
maybe they should just rebrand and be 'non-critical race theory'

it's only the name that people care about - American's love history!
We killed 'em all ! and built the greatest money making machine on earth!

Alternatively whites only guys could rebrand 'critical race theory' to mean that whites were so critical to the human race that we should only celebrate their accomplishments while ignoring the foibles.

Did white people who came to america make things great? : yes
Did those same people crush and kill others to do it: yes?
Isnt that how all civilizations go: Yes
Are we trying to do better now, even marginally: Yes
Can we talk about it: No

Reactions: test_article