Creepiest surf spots

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was right at the top of the point and the water was moving around all weird.

I wished I had someone to surf with.

The next day I met a guy from Brazil at the point and we hugged each other.

He was happy to have someone to surf with too.

I caught a wave that ran all the way down the point. One of the longest waves I ever caught

It would flatten out in a section and then it jumped back up and I was flying down the line.

So fun.

I love surfing empty points breaks

I have gratitude that I was able to surf a few around the world

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Outer reef here that breaks about 1/2 mile from paddle point and is full on open ocean shallow spot in middle of really deep water. Such a fun wave though it's hard to pass up.

Oddly enough, out of all the places I've surfed, the only place I've ever been chased out of the water by a great white was San Simeon.

Last edited:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Pacasmayo by myself
The bus dropped us off in town. No surf maps, but my buddy and I figure the wave must be down that-a-ways. He stays at the hotel to rest for tomorrow. I grab my board and start walking. I get to the point and sit to watch it for awhile trying to figure out a lineup. Small, no one around. Finally think I have it and start paddling out. Halfway out I see what looks to be a fin in a wave, but it was just a glimpse. So I turn and paddle parallel to shore watching where the waves break. I see it again and paddle in. Sit on the beach staring looking for it. Finally realize it was a fishing buoy that I was freaking out over. When a wave would pass by it would stand up and look like it was a dorsal fin moving.

Took awhile to get back out there alone. I got some fun 3 footers though. Just before I came in an SUV shows up and watches me. 3 Aussie guys who end up giving me a ride back to town. Pretty fun day. It was 12 foot + the next day.

Reactions: PJ and Autoprax

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Couple spots on the east side of oahu that are close to open ocean but on a shallow boil. Creeps me the fcuk out.

The surf is really good so it’s hard to pass on

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Salmon Creek. Surfed there by myself once and it was the creepiest experience ever. Big shadows in every wave.
LOL that was your mind playing tricks on you. Salmon Creek is about the least creepy spot between SF and the Lost Coast. Well, not the Boardwalk peak. That's sharky as hell.

The most creeped out I've ever been is out somewhere around Point Reyes. Solo. With an inquisitive adult seal that kept popping up next to me and staring me down with its dead, black eyes.

Reactions: parkiteric

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
The most creeped out I've ever been is out somewhere around Point Reyes. Solo. With an inquisitive adult seal that kept popping up next to me and staring me down with its dead, black eyes.
Been there a handful of times. Really feels like San Simeon with all the large elephant seals all hanging about. Such a gorgeous spot. Never got that vibe in the waterthough.

Reactions: parkiteric