Crazy Drivers Post Pandemic

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I see this too daily as I drive a lot in LA for work, which I hate doing more and more (driving, that is).

I admit to driving the suicide (utility) lane to make a left if it's backed up, but not at twice the speed limit, at the speed limit.

LA really needs to extend the time on some left turn arrows, and install more. I've started circling around to go left by going right 3 times in succession, it's often faster.

Would love more traffic circles in LA, but the only ones I see also have fucking stop signs at them. So dumb.
If they put roundabouts in my area this would be a daily occurance…

IMG_0575.gif

I’m all for it! :jamon:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You have not experienced a hostile left turn lane until you’ve visited Asia.

if you are not aggressive enough, someone will wiggle up in front of you.

when you thought someone could not be more aggressive than the 4-5 cars jammed into the oncoming lane, another joins the party.
Have you ever seen Birds Eye video of Indian intersections?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You have not experienced a hostile left turn lane until you’ve visited Asia.

if you are not aggressive enough, someone will wiggle up in front of you.

when you thought someone could not be more aggressive than the 4-5 cars jammed into the oncoming lane, another joins the party.
Same thing in downtown Zihuatanejo. Bonus points because the main traffic signals are not working.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
If they put roundabouts in my area this would be a daily occurance…

View attachment 163247

I’m all for it! :jamon:
England has highways with two lanes each way and two lane roundabouts which work great but are challenging for this American driver. I was, of course, driving on the right side of the car and the left side of the road which is weird. Approaching the roundabout with my wife navigating from the map (pre-GPS) she would be prattling on like "We're going to Surry blah blah blah". My brain could not negotiate the two lane roundabout and hear those words at the same time - I just didn't have the bandwidth. But those highway roundabouts - you were really either making a right turn, a left turn or going straight so I was like "OK, approaching a roundabout honey - stop talking - which is it - Right, Left or Straight?". Right, Left or Straight my brain could handle :jamon:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I dunno about elsewhere but with any actual traffic, a stop sign might be faster than a roundabout in Florida.

Somewhere up past that string of breaklights is a 3-way - not even 4 ways - roundabout. This was taken in November 2015 so way before Rona - and back before quite a few new additions to this zone. This roundabout is Palm Valley Road x Micklers, kind of Southwest of Ponte Vedra Beach and well East of I-95. There's really not much out here except some very, very, very timid people.

This is sort of a "back way" off the Jax Beaches if you're going South. If there is an accident on the main collector freeway, you can sit in stop and go surface street traffic for a good while, or drive South to PV on A1A and head Southwest, or keep going to Vilano and head West.

In this case, no accident, I just used to work down in PV so if I was visiting the parents for the weekend I'd pack up and head to work on Friday, then leave straight from the office.

20151124_175130.jpg

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Traffic lights are never better than round a bouts, as long as the drivers know how to use them.

Much steadier flow of traffic.

Also, passing slow pokes on the inside, hello?

:socrazy:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
My coworkers made me ride a motorcycle in Bangalore. Crossing the busy street was scarier but both were terrifying!!
Riding a motorcycle through alleyways of Kaohsiung, my host squeezing my shoulder whenever he believed I should “honk” before crossing the blind intersection.

never mind riding around nut to butt with a sweet Taiwanese dude, I was puckering so hard the entire time.

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
I've noticed this as well ever since covid.

See people chasing other people on the roads regularly, saw a guy road rage so bad he intentionally ran into the other guy.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
can i nominate ANYONE driving at or under the limit in lanes one and two for public execution, right ion front of their enemies and loved ones? as well...public execution for ANYONE driving side by side with another driver. want to hodl hands? take a awalk in the fugging park you stupid piece of shat. hit the gas, lay off the gas, but do not toe up two lanes because you are a little inconsiderate prick that sdeserves to fugging DIE. god i hate people.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I've noticed that people have pretty much just lost their minds. Stopped to let a pedestrian cross the street and a car overtook me and almost plowed into the pedestrian. Another instance, I stopped for a school bus that was loading (required by law), and cars lined up on both directions waiting. Couple morans overtake the line of cars and plow past the school bus with kids loading. WTF?? Dashcam wasn't working or else I'd report to the police. But near my house, these types of things are a daily occurrence.
MOVE IT TO THE FOIL FORUM

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
can i nominate ANYONE driving at or under the limit in lanes one and two for public execution, right ion front of their enemies and loved ones? as well...public execution for ANYONE driving side by side with another driver. want to hodl hands? take a awalk in the fugging park you stupid piece of shat. hit the gas, lay off the gas, but do not toe up two lanes because you are a little inconsiderate prick that sdeserves to fugging DIE. god i hate people.
I concur 100%!!!
Don't hem me in mutherfuckers. At least give me a gap to get around you if you don't want to go the speed limit which is 10mph above the posted limit. :cursing:

Reactions: TeamScam

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
ANYONE driving side by side with another driver. want to hodl hands? take a awalk in the fugging park you stupid piece of shat.
This is everyday where I live. 4 lane road with 2 clueless dipshits side by side going 40 in a 45. One car will speed up just enough for you to think you can get around, but just when there's almost enough room they'll back off the gas. :mad:

I guess living in the land of the clueless and timid is way better than some of these wild stories. It's just frustrating trying to get anywhere. And if you're ever running late, you are completely fugged. They'll sense it and they'll be relentless. I've watched people brake for green lights that they think might turn yellow.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
This is everyday where I live. 4 lane road with 2 clueless dipshits side by side going 40 in a 45. One car will speed up just enough for you to think you can get around, but just when there's almost enough room they'll back off the gas. :mad:
public execution. its the only way. and ya knlow...if they want to do it in lanes 3 and four? cool. let em. jsut get the F(#(*&#(*&Y)#UYP@Y*IOUT OF LANES ONE AND TWO YOU STUPID PIECES OF SHAT>

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I used to keep empty water bottles for throwing but I don't want to explain to the judge how that was not actually road rage. Now if someone boxes me in or drives just to be mean I give em the finger. I'm guessing at least every third car here has a gun in it... either way I need to stop.
Golden rule.
Deep Breaths.
Really loud music takes me away.
On my deathbed, with no one listening,
"The world got all pussified, then the pussies kicked my ass."

Reactions: mundus