COVID Vaccines Are Shots in the Dark

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
No

The vaccine is merely a prophylactic against serious sickness, it doesn't reduce infection or transmission rates

If I put something in my body and it makes me sick, it is a poison; actual COVID is just a problem for the old and weak, the numbers are right there for you to see
so a few people on here were freaking out about nursing homes for no good reason? Just let the sick and old die?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
so a few people on here were freaking out about nursing homes for no good reason? Just let the sick and old die?
It would have been much, much better in the grand scheme of things

The people freaking out about nursing homes were doing that as a gotcha, nothing more, nothing less. You know this

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Dude it's not running "delete from us_population where age > 65 or 5ktime > 30:00;"
The cost of lockdowns is not zero either.

This country spends how many dollars on people that are DONE vs $1 on children?
We live in a gerontocracy

It's actually surprising the boomer sh!t died out when the screechers figured out that they were the ones in danger. Some non-hypocrisy for once

Reactions: Driftcoast

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It would have been much, much better in the grand scheme of things

The people freaking out about nursing homes were doing that as a gotcha, nothing more, nothing less. You know this
Better for whom?

Better for the dead people or better for you?

Narcissism is cancer.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Yes, but their ages matter more than anything else. Why are you dancing around this?

...as if you care about the elderly? How do you protect them?

Get vaxxed!

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
The vaccine is merely a prophylactic against serious sickness, it doesn't reduce infection or transmission rates

The unvaccinated are about 3X more likely to be infected. I haven't seen any numbers related to transmissibility differences but its known that transmissibility skyrockets when virus is being symptomatically shed, which is much less likely for the vaccinated.