Covid Vaccine

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
As with anything, a risk benefit consideration. I elected to get vaccinated and have received all doses. I expect soon my focused vision will melt walls or I will be able to extract life out of other objects.

Others?

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Got mine (75) last Wednesday, wife (72) got her’s yesterday (Sunday). Both a Scripps ‘drive through.’ Needle as thin as a hair, no notice of actual injection. I had no reaction to injection, wife felt a little (very little tenderness) when she touched the injection area but, 0 notice when not touching. Pfizer.

Lot simpler than military air gun injections (cholera, typhus, etc) before deployment to SEA 53-54 years ago.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I've only heard there are some side affects from the second moderna shot which has the highest efficacy numbers.
It's a little more painful on the arm and there's chills and fever for about 24 hours and then your good to go. Some people are being advised to use ice to ease the arm pain.
Some people get the same reaction from flu shots.

Can't wait to get mine, my mom (92) gets her second tomorrow (Pfizer). We're a little slow here in Hawaii as usual. I had family on the mainland in their fourties who got their shots and co-workers in their early 60's who got their shots because of family they are taking care of. It supposed to be 75 and over and first responders in the first phase. I'm in group 1B what ever that means

Reactions: john4surf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Kaiser keeps sending emails saying we don't know when you will you get your shots.

What do you want us to do?

Quit asking . . . .

Reactions: Woke AF

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
They are out there if you are trying to get them.

My sister in law is volunteering at a vaccination center in SF. There are several empty appointments and many missed appointments. Unfortunately, that means that some of these vaccinations are expiring before they can get them to people.

She put us on the waitlist (I'm conflicted about this), but I'm not sure they will give it to us if we have private insurance (Kaiser).

Meanwhile, lots of people that SHOULD get it don't know how to get it.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
if you are on kaiser you have to get it through kaiser
but since its free you should be able to get it anywhere

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What are you implying?
There’s too many people on earth.

We need a good culling. If you’re too stupid to figure out how to get vaccines maybe you should move closer to the top of the hit list.

I wasn’t trying to imply anything, I thought my point blatantly obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
There’s too many people on earth.

We need a good culling. If you’re too stupid to figure out how to get vaccines maybe you should move closer to the top of the hit list.

I wasn’t trying to imply anything, I thought my point blatantly obvious.

Go jump in line.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Are you one of these people who can’t figure out how to get vaccinated.

Your responses here certainly make it seem like it.

There’s too many people. This isn’t controversial.

Most of us need to go. Why would we keep any of the dumb ones?

You just sound like a cuunt.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
if you are on kaiser you have to get it through kaiser
but since its free you should be able to get it anywhere
From one of Kaiser's daily, we don't have a vaccine for you update emails.

" If you can get vaccinated somewhere outside Kaiser Permanente, such as your employer, your local health department, or another approved vaccine site, we encourage you to do so."

Reactions: Autoprax

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
They are out there if you are trying to get them.

My sister in law is volunteering at a vaccination center in SF. There are several empty appointments and many missed appointments. Unfortunately, that means that some of these vaccinations are expiring before they can get them to people.

She put us on the waitlist (I'm conflicted about this), but I'm not sure they will give it to us if we have private insurance (Kaiser).

Meanwhile, lots of people that SHOULD get it don't know how to get it.
Any tips on how to get on the waitlist in SF?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
my employer just did a company wide remote work and vaccine survey
if there was a big enough positive response for us in the 1B crowd they were going to try and arrange it to be done corporate wide at a single location on each island just like how they provide us free flu shots. They usually pick a couple sites for a week long company organized free health exam and flu shot every year. They used to give us a $100 visa card for taking the comprehensive health exam (Blood test) they forward the results to your primary for follow up if you allow. Takes some of the pressure (lines) off the public sites.

Reactions: john4surf

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Any tips on how to get on the waitlist in SF?

Hop in line in the afternoon at General hospital and roll the dice? I think they start tapping in to the line around 4:30, but you would want to already be in the line at that point. I'll ask. Superbowl Sunday was a big day for leftovers. Bring a book.

Vials come in packs of multiple vials. They do their best to anticipate demand with appointments, but if someone doesn't show up, or some other unexpected miscount, they've thawed a whole pack and need to use them so they go to whoever is there at the end of the day. The analogy I've used is that it's like bartending on a brunch shift. You do your best to anticipate the rush, but once you've popped the champagne bottles, you gotta pour it for someone at the end of the shift because those bubbles won't last till next weekend.

I got stuck on Friday. Follow up next month for round 2. The line was nuts early since it was open to all over 65 for the first time. People waited for hours. I got the call from the Sister in Law that they were definitely going to have leftovers and to be there in 20 minutes. We were 2 minutes from being out the door to grab a to go drink to celebrate my bday. Instead, we hauled ass and got vacced.

Reactions: Woke AF