Covid times trip- central / south america

Nov 18, 2020
Hey everyone!

Been thinking about doing a trip with the missis somewhere that wont be to much of a pain in the ass to go to.

Were both living in europe and thought perhaps mexico, costa rica, ecuador? Were open to anything really, could even be asia.
Wondered if it would be worth it to bring boards but guess theyre a pain in the ass to carry around and id be dammed to lose 500 bucks+ worth of gear if it would get nicked.
Not sure though if its easy to find good boards to rent by the coast though.

Plans is being able to backpack a bit and see stuff and then spend a few days by the coast and hopefully score. We have around 3 weeks and would prob split it half half.

Any ideas?
American Airlines Name Change – This guide will mention to you the comprehensive procedure to help you in this regard. If you are traveling by one of the world’s largest air carriers, American Airlines, this is the page for you.
The largest airline in the U.S., American does not allow passengers to transfer a ticket to another person. However, the airline will let most passengers transfer their tickets to another flight prior to the departure time of their original flight. Depending on several factors such as the type of ticket—economy class, business class, or first class—or the customer’s specific needs, there may be restrictions and fees applied to your transferred ticket. Generally, American Airlines will charge you some type of fee to change your ticket in any way.

Jul 14, 2021
Oh, hi guys. I also encountered a surfing problem during quarantine. My brother and I often used to ride on a board. However, the coronavirus makes it very difficult for us to get out to other countries. I heard that in Germany now everyone has started to get sick the least actively and now you can go there. And you know what? On July 26, we are going to Germany!!!I have already looked at the train schedule in db reiseauskunft in order to visit as many cities in Germany as possible. I'm even surprised that trains are such a common transport there. If you are aware, please advise the coolest places to surf in Munich, and which attractions in Berlin are better to visit. Or places to relax, some good pubs or bars

db reiseauskunft

Last edited:

Barracuda

OTF status
Mar 30, 2013
Late reply but heres how it went down:

Flew boardless and did 10 days caribbean to do some touristing and loved it. Isla mujeres, cozumel (kinda sucked, some places they wanna charge you if you even look at a flower) tulum and got to see the chichen itza with a lot less crowds (spoke to some locals and felt sorry for them for how much theyve struggled withou tourists).

Then oaxaca, found a yellowish all-merrick rocket 9 (5'8 and 28ish liters) from this mexican dude in puerto and skipped town the day after. La punta is cool but too chaotic in the water, zicatela we found to have a weird vibe.

Drove north somewhere with long rights and loved it, the missis also enjoyed the easy going surf there and i found a nice left-hand wedge with a bit more steepness to it. Really nice fish and a beach bar owned by these canadians too.

Went to guerrero state and explored the saladita area, ultra crowded and a longboard wave but if you have a car there are always places nearby you can explore. Friendliest people ive met on the pacific coast and wildlife everywhere. Also shoutout to the local dude ive met again up north who gifted us a handfull of that nice hierba they grow there :) unbelievable how cheap it is in mex.

Last stop was a nice rivermouth a couple hours north which had the best wave weve surfed in mex. Rented a cabaña right at the sand and stayed there another 10 days. Swell backed down for some 4-5 days or so which sucked but the place was nice. Lots of french people doing their own thing, reckon mostly cause they dont speak english and a really cool beach bar that did pizza and surf movie nights.
They film people every morning during the week and then display it that day, kooks, intermediate or pros they were showing everyone.
Pretty cool idea, back home surf photogs mostly just lick pro surfers balls so its nice that they include everyone in it.

Overall great experience, whales everywhere and i just wished we went in another month with more swell. But still a great idea to get away from the lockdowns and paranoia from people during the european winter.

Attachments