Covers That Are Better Than The Originals

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Saw them in Tijuana on New Year's Eve once. Whoa.
:roflmao:

i saw them new yr’s eve at the mudd club in nyc - ‘78 going into ‘79 (or ‘79 into ‘80?).

my buddy’s sh:tty punk band opened for them a few times - lux & ivy were friendly and polite!

their orig drummer miriam used to work at the strand bookstore (as did a lot of musos...). fun band!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I know it’s cliche, especially being reggae, with added points off because reggae covers are a cliche in Their own right, but EZ Star All Stars did great covers of OK Computer and a few other albums that i had in heavy rotation years ago

tbuc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2006
Don't think this qualifies as better than the original, but i picked up the Dread Zeppelin - 5,000,000 CD
at Good Will. Tortelivs certainly covers some new ground there... like way out there. Wasn't what i was
expecting at all!

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Yes that's the point I think, but are you offended because you are a missing persons fan, or a gang green fan? A Boston Hardcore purist maybe?

This one's somewhat offensive for obvious reasons in our present Covidium conundrum to surf or not to surf.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It's not Missing Persons, its Til Tuesday. Missing Person's was basically Frank Zappa's backing/touring band for a spell.

Never liked Gang Green. If the point of the cover was just to offend, well, that's fine for teenagers.