Costa Rican domestic airlines

Oct 10, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Can anyone recommend a Costa Rican domestic airline? I am flying down to CR in December and prefer to fly from Liberia to Nosara instead of taking a van. Ive found a couple of airlines, but both of their reviews have complaints of frequently canceled flights and schedules not kept. So if you know of an airline with a decently good reputation, i'd love to hear about it.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Can anyone recommend a Costa Rican domestic airline? I am flying down to CR in December and prefer to fly from Liberia to Nosara instead of taking a van. Ive found a couple of airlines, but both of their reviews have complaints of frequently canceled flights and schedules not kept. So if you know of an airline with a decently good reputation, i'd love to hear about it.
Wrong coast for that time of year but local flights get cancled often due to weather. More reliable to drive plus dry season so Nosara easy access

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I haven't looked at their routes and schedules recently, but the players would be Sansa or Nature Air. I used to fly them frequently, but got tired of cancelled flights. At any sign of weather, the flight is off.

ThaDood

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2003
Playa Zen
Wrong coast for that time of year but local flights get cancled often due to weather. More reliable to drive plus dry season so Nosara easy access
the 2 times I have surfed Nosara in December were not bad. Chest to Shoulder clean, waist to chest offshores long rides.
I always drive. Was there earlier this year in May, low pressure system off the coast oF Nicaragua pushed a big swell into Nosara.....but F’d up onshore and torrential rain:mad::cursing: