Costa Rica?

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Wife wants to do a last minute Costa Rica trip, anyone been down there the last few weeks?

Reactions: JDJ

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
My wife is Costa Rican and last I heard if you have an American passport they won't let you in.

Jan 15, 2015
Just got back last Saturday. Some areas are more Covid sensitive than others but fewer cases their then here (So Cal)

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
My wife is Costa Rican and last I heard if you have an American passport they won't let you in.

Costa is open to Americans, but you need to buy a special health insurance policy to cover covid related medical expenses while there.

Reactions: grendel95

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I just got back. Party time all week from xmas to new years in Tamagringo. No covid test, you just have to buy their insurance for the number of days you are staying. Not much swell, but it was nice to be in warm water for the winter break.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I just got back. Party time all week from xmas to new years in Tamagringo. No covid test, you just have to buy their insurance for the number of days you are staying. Not much swell, but it was nice to be in warm water for the winter break.
Heard there was some good ones at the quieter gringo spot further south over the holidays

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Heard there was some good ones at the quieter gringo spot further south over the holidays
Too much wind chop. Unusual rain for dry season. We had a day or two of good waves for costa rica. When their surf report says head high, they really mean almost chest high. It was still fun to be out in 80 degree water and not listen to politics for a couple weeks.