Costa Rica this summer

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I can't recall whether it was closer to tamarindo or guiones but the wife and I did the zip lines that were supposedly one of the highest in the world and although it sounds pretty cheesdick touristy it was really fricken cool
yea, were for sure doing to Zip.

ThaDood

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2003
Playa Zen
as of 8-1, you are no longer required to purchase covid insurance if you are vaccinated. I am vaccinated but $43 for 250k of insurance along with other overages like lost luggage, hotels costs due to quarantine, 35k in rental car, etc is a cheap price to pay for that coverage, so I purchased insurance anyway for my trip on 8-15 thru 8-22. You can also get a cheaper plan for $27 but has less coverage.......worth the extra $16 for the premium plan

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
as of 8-1, you are no longer required to purchase covid insurance if you are vaccinated. I am vaccinated but $43 for 250k of insurance along with other overages like lost luggage, hotels costs due to quarantine, 35k in rental car, etc is a cheap price to pay for that coverage, so I purchased insurance anyway for my trip on 8-15 thru 8-22. You can also get a cheaper plan for $27 but has less coverage.......worth the extra $16 for the premium plan
So youre vaccinated and you think there is a chance you could get covid?

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
There definitely is "a chance". I know 2 vaccinated people who tested positive down there on a few days before returning, and had to stay an extra 1-2 weeks quarantined in a hotel room while the rest of their group/family came back to the US. Seeing that price for insurance, which covers the hotel, would make me sign up for the insurance too. I would be bummed if I had to spend an extra grand in hotel stay for 10 days if I ended up testing positive. I think the odds are against it, but it is possible.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Vaccines are not protecting people against the new delta variant, which is predominant now. Lots of vaccinated people are getting infected.

Reactions: grg
Apr 5, 2004
There definitely is "a chance". I know 2 vaccinated people who tested positive down there on a few days before returning, and had to stay an extra 1-2 weeks quarantined in a hotel room while the rest of their group/family came back to the US. Seeing that price for insurance, which covers the hotel, would make me sign up for the insurance too. I would be bummed if I had to spend an extra grand in hotel stay for 10 days if I ended up testing positive. I think the odds are against it, but it is possible.
We just came back from CR as well. We are all vaccinated but had to purchase the insurance because we arrived before 8/1. I would still purchase the insurance just to cover the hotel stay with the chance of testing positive and being stuck there due to that.

The ironic thing is I had a better chance of contracting Covid during my layovers in Miami than I did in CR.:rolleyes:

Reactions: scdad and grendel95

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I ended up buying the Ins even though I am Vaxxed. Nosara is a pretty cool little town with some fun waves. No surf for me as a busted a rib or two before my trip.

Oct 13, 2019
CenCoast
We just came back from CR as well. We are all vaccinated but had to purchase the insurance because we arrived before 8/1. I would still purchase the insurance just to cover the hotel stay with the chance of testing positive and being stuck there due to that.

The ironic thing is I had a better chance of contracting Covid during my layovers in Miami than I did in CR.:rolleyes:
I fly into San Jose Friday morning. Just to triple check. No test needed for entering Costa Rica.. Emed test works fine for reentry into the states?

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
I fly into San Jose Friday morning. Just to triple check. No test needed for entering Costa Rica.. Emed test works fine for reentry into the states?
I haven't been, but that is my understanding for entering - no test needed. I think you need a QR code, but I don't know what that means. Yes, the eMed test works for entry to US. I did it in Nica, and my friends did it departing Liberia in CR.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
those of you who just went- how was it? heading down to Nosara this weekend. looks like some rain in the forecast

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I was in Nosara a couple weeks ago. Had a great time despite no surfing for me having busted up my ribs before going.

Cool little town and was super mellow crowd wise.

It basically rains everyday at around 4-5pm with temps in the high 70s

Reactions: tedshred5

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
those of you who just went- how was it? heading down to Nosara this weekend. looks like some rain in the forecast
if you look at a weather app itll say rain every day from may-november.

usually rains for an hour late afternoon. could be a day or two here and that are wetter but its more of a relief than anything. just dont surf by the river mouths.

Reactions: tedshred5

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I was in Nosara a couple weeks ago. Had a great time despite no surfing for me having busted up my ribs before going.

Cool little town and was super mellow crowd wise.

It basically rains everyday at around 4-5pm with temps in the high 70s
July through November are very wet in Costa.

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
I loved Nosara. Logged my brains out 2 Christmas’ ago As waves were small. Also rode a Evo. Had won a raffle to go to Harmony Hotel. Killer food. Kids loved it. Wife was mending from knee surgery So she was chillin in the shade. We did a zip line. Super fun. Wicked hot in the arvo come winter time. Dry season then. Can’t wait to go back.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Just curious, what company wrote that coverage for you?