Corporations started climate change. Can they stop it?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If it is possible for one winter to be extremely harsh and the following to be relatively tranquil why does the original poster believe that it is beyond the realm of natural variability for the climate to vary ever so slightly over time on a planet that is over 4 billion years old? I seriously question the mental health of people who've allowed the media and politicians manipulate their emotions so that they are willing to part with their hard earned income out of fear that they must in order to correct what they are powerless to change. To the OP, please give every penny you have to your stupid cause but don't go anywhere near my hard earned income. You're mentally ill.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
If it is possible for one winter to be extremely harsh and the following to be relatively tranquil why does the original poster believe that it is beyond the realm of natural variability for the climate to vary ever so slightly over time on a planet that is over 4 billion years old? I seriously question the mental health of people who've allowed the media and politicians manipulate their emotions so that they are willing to part with their hard earned income out of fear that they must in order to correct what they are powerless to change. To the OP, please give every penny you have to your stupid cause but don't go anywhere near my hard earned income. You're mentally ill.

That's it! The people they already hated caused this problem, and they must be punished.

What problem? It doesn't matter. They'll make one up!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Guess who is whole heartedly backing the push to transition to renewable energy (wind and solar specifically)?

Yup, oil and natural gas companies.

Why? Is it because they love the earth and want to protect it?

LOL.

It’s because of the intermittent nature of wind and solar power generation and distribution. Something needs to pick up the slack when it’s calm and cloudy and petroleum based sources are ideal for this because of the ease with which those sources can be turned on and off.

Nuclear power plants can just be started up and shut down in the same way but if we used nuclear power we would need the Petro companies products.

Follow the money.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Pollution is profitable.

Keeping things clean is "punishment".

LOL
No, the punishment is the social engineering of making people pay more money for effective solutions in order to push them to less effective solutions

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
No, the punishment is the social engineering of making people pay more money for effective solutions in order to push them to less effective solutions
Except the whole "paying more money" is bullshit.
Every new technology is expensive in the beginning.

Solar power is now cheaper than coal.

Thanks to the "social engineering", aka free markut.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
The cultists will ignore a post like this.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
The cultists will ignore a post like this.
It's maybe because people believe scientific data more than your visual observations from an airplane.

If it is possible for one winter to be extremely harsh and the following to be relatively tranquil why does the original poster believe that it is beyond the realm of natural variability for the climate to vary ever so slightly over time on a planet that is over 4 billion years old?
Science is not about belief.

Coming to the conclusion about climate change by looking out of the window of an airplane is 100% non-empirical.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It's maybe because people believe scientific data more than your visual observations from an airplane.

Science is not about belief.

Coming to the conclusion about climate change by looking out of the window of an airplane is 100% non-empirical.
he just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Its interesting how Fecal will never actually address a post like this in detail.