colonoscopy blues

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
my bro whos like 55 just got scoped and they caught something that woulda become major cancer in 3 months

Reactions: hammies

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I just finished prepping and I feel like I’m clean as a whistle and ready for my first anal scene. Go in at 9:30 to get the probe. My old man had a history of intestinal polyps and was on the one year plan after having 11” of his intestines removed. I’m worried I’ll be facing the same fate.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Looking forward to June 13 :violin: I never believed the old carps telling me how much getting old sucks, now I am starting to find out!

Reactions: john4surf

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I'm getting my psa levels checked again soon.

My doctor said it's too early to get checked.

I'm 39. Dad died 6 months after diagnosis at 60

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: brukuns and mundus

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The drug they use to put you under was reportedly Michael Jackson's favorite.

Trippy sh!t. All of a sudden you are out, you do not dream, just nothingness. When I woke up, it could have been 5 seconds or 5,000 years. I'd imagine it's what death is like but you actually wake up.

The prep was horrible. Far worse than the actual procedure. That drink is wretched. Has to be a way to make that more palatable. The worst you'll get from the actual crapping is a numb ass from sitting so long on the throne and minor hemorrhoids (which they'll take care of while you're out).

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The drug they use to put you under was reportedly Michael Jackson's favorite.

Trippy sh!t. All of a sudden you are out, you do not dream, just nothingness. When I woke up, it could have been 5 seconds or 5,000 years. I'd imagine it's what death is like but you actually wake up.

The prep was horrible. Far worse than the actual procedure. That drink is wretched. Has to be a way to make that more palatable. The worst you'll get from the actual crapping is a numb ass from sitting so long on the throne and minor hemorrhoids (which they'll take care of while you're out).

You mean Fentanyl?
Yeah, it's great.
Easy to make it seems, too.
Hence, drug addiction.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
The prep was horrible. Far worse than the actual procedure.
Seems to be the consensus from what I hear.

I think last time I got a check up was 20 years ago... out of sheer stupidity too, I pay a premium for healthcare. Almost afraid of getting it out of the way now...

My fissure problem haven't gone away completely... getting a colonoscopy like that must be living hell.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I;m getting my psa levels checked again soon.

My doctor said it's too early to get checked.

I'm 39. Dad died 6 months after diagnosis at 60
A lot of the thinking has changed on how to treat all that, from a quality of life standpoint, because the treatment can be worse than the disease. My pop opted for the surgery when he was diagnosed, and spent the last 10 years of his life in a diaper, miserable. No way to go.

• Sad
Reactions: mundus and brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Sorry to hear about some of the folks who have passed...

it's completely unrelated but today is the 1 month anniversary of my grandma's passing... I can only be thankful she didn't suffer much.

She was 99 years old, a few more months she would have turned 100. The pandemics in particular were hard on her mind and dementia kicked in hard... she would not recognize her own son and daughters... neither one of us to be honest but she did believe me when I told her I was her grandson... she would not believe my mom was her daughter though... how could that gray haired woman who kidnapped her be her daughter?

That wasn't easy but phisically she was awesome... never got sick... the week before she died she was sweeping the floor and doing dishes (my mom and dad would wash it all over again later but she would make a point of doing it herself, always the independent woman).

Brain aneurism popped, she was only alive a couple days to give everyone a chance to say goodbye and went out peacefully... to go at 99 years old without ever having been sick in bed is a freaking gift!

Carry on now...

Reactions: Random Guy

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
A lot of the thinking has changed on how to treat all that, from a quality of life standpoint, because the treatment can be worse than the disease. My pop opted for the surgery when he was diagnosed, and spent the last 10 years of his life in a diaper, miserable. No way to go.
I am thinking similarly, if something is wrong the treatment seems just as bad as letting nature take its course. If not. you go through this misery for nothing. Probably never would have made the appt. if not for the wife on my case.