Cold hands/nj surfing

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
On the colder winter mornings in NSD I'll wear a hood with no boots or gloves. No shame. I abhor wearing boots and have found that the hood negates the need for them to some extent. Plus i'm a pussy and I get cold really easily

Reactions: MathDebater

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
The difference between 5mm and 7mm for me is about an hr in the water in Feb/Mar. My feet always go first, would gladly buy heated booties if anyone made em..

Jun 21, 2021
The difference between 5mm and 7mm for me is about an hr in the water in Feb/Mar. My feet always go first, would gladly buy heated booties if anyone made em..
Ever tried the 8mm Fire from Solite?
I have them since two winters and never had cold feet.

Mar 19, 2013
Ever tried the 8mm Fire from Solite?
I have them since two winters and never had cold feet.
I might have to try these. Once my feet go, I'm pretty much useless. I notice when I go from 5mil boots to 7mil sometimes I kind of roll over my toe. Not sure if that is me getting old or lazy. 5mil lobster claws usually good for the winter but have a pair of 7mil mittens I use when its really cold, or I know I can have a longer session (in NJ).

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
On those Solites is it worth getting the "Fire" version with the velcro straps? Would think yes because every boot I've had without one fills with water. Sold out of the 8mm Fires but the regular ones are available.

Jun 21, 2021
On those Solites is it worth getting the "Fire" version with the velcro straps? Would think yes because every boot I've had without one fills with water. Sold out of the 8mm Fires but the regular ones are available.
I have the Velcro's. Can't comment on the non Velcro version but agree with you that boots without fill with water.