Code Red Ka'anapali w/Clay Marzo (video)

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I saw this, used to live there and all the groms love to surf this closeout when it's like this, it seems like the goal is to snap your stick (but potentially your body). Would much prefer to see Clay tackle Freight trains, now that would be a show stopper!

Reactions: BaliIdiot

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
Go to 1:35 to see Clay going right. Clay's one of those freakishly talented tube riders and haven't seen much footage of him lately. He's go a very unique backhand style.
There it is! Not bashing him or anything. He's so incredible, just can't recall seeing any vid on his backside.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I saw this, used to live there and all the groms love to surf this closeout when it's like this, it seems like the goal is to snap your stick (but potentially your body). Would much prefer to see Clay tackle Freight trains, now that would be a show stopper!
If a cat surfe, its backside would be like Clays

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I remember seeing him and Cheyne at Puamana when they were little kids. I was amazed how the could be so good. They made those little waves come to life!

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Those waves teach groms to rip. Used to live in that neighborhood, such a rad place! Would teach my daughter to swim while overlooking my older 2 groms master the basics at P's and B's

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
I was wishing this was a good wave instead of closeouts.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I wouldn't want to be out in that and I spent my whole fucking life in the ocean.
Any kookslams videos of tourists getting their asses kicked in that Kaanapali shorepound?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
I can't figure out how to embed the actual post, but this is some pretty rad backside surfing from Clay IMHO.

Reactions: Lowqi2

What_it_Do_Baybeeee

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 28, 2010
CA
Not sure he's the type to paddle battle with a bunch of other pros/100+ folks. Just doesn't seem like something he would do given his personality/Aspergers.

Reactions: chilly1