CNN's Misinformation Campaign

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Matt Christiansen: YouTuber and podcaster talking politics and culture from the refuge of a wilderness fortress | business or private inquiry: matthewlchristiansen@gmail.com
Sounds like he has credentials.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
CharmingSophisticate said:
hal9000 said:
Matt Christiansen: YouTuber and podcaster talking politics and culture from the refuge of a wilderness fortress | business or private inquiry: matthewlchristiansen@gmail.com
You mean like Dan "fake but accurate" Rather type credentials?

forgot to take your meds today?

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
hal9000 said:
hal9000 said:

Nope. What's your answer, putz?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
CNN is now the ALL Trump, ALL the time channel. Competing with Comedy Central.

No op-ed is too speculative for their "reporters" to muse and talk trash about. Throw anything out there, and see if it sticks. :tomato:

MSNBC is competing hard, but they're more blatant tabloid now than ever.

"Anonymous Leaks" are the new "Facts", and when they don't pan out, like 90% of the time.....:sleeping: and crickets on their hyped "bombshells" until the next one they spew. :barf:

2+2=5

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
I have to say, when they say sh!t like “Okay, now I’m switching to FULL SEMI AUTOMATIC!!!” And then start pulling the trigger faster, it really pisses me off. That is intentionally misleading an uninformed population. My biggest pet peeve with all this gun debate is how often the left fvcking radiates or beyond utter stupidity.

I’ve always leaned left but I’m starting to come around on the gun thing. There’s just so many angles to consider. States with more lax gun laws do have more deaths by firearm. They also have higher suicide rates. What happens when we remove deaths by suicide? I can’t find articles on this stuff on google because it literally only refers me to left leaning websites or right wing ones that are sh!t with no legitimacy.

Steven Crowler has some good YouTube videos on the subject, but I want to fact check his statistics with verifiable sources. He says hand guns are used more often than “assault weapons” in mass shootings. Is this true? How about a list of mass shooting locations cross referenced to how strict the gun laws are in those states? These are arguments made by pro gun rights activists that seem legitimate.

Looking at this on more of a macro scale, We are often compared to Japan and Scandinavian countries for gun violence rates. Should we compare mass violence rates altogether as opposed to just gun violence? Or stepping further back - the role of guns in keeping populations from being repressed by their own government, as well as neighboring governments. One video mentioned that all the countries hitler invades had either less firearm owners or stricter gun laws, or something. Is there any legitimacy to that? WW2 really wasn’t that long ago, AT ALL, I think a lot of people in my generation and modern America are out of touch with reality.

Also, holy sh!t, as scary as mass shootings are, we need to look at this objectively. They are minuscule compared to the total number of gun deaths. Minuscule. Why aren’t we outraged about these other causes of death in the United States - tobacco kills 488,000 people yearly including 41,000 due to second hand smoke exposure. Alcohol 88,000. There are smart things to spend your time on, and then there are things that are statistically negligible. Think objectively and do the math.

What other preventable causes am I missing? Sometimes it feels like we are really being played for fools. If anyone has links to reputable sources for any of the above I want to read them and learn.

Why is it so hard for any of us to dig deep and analyze this issue in its entirety? People need to stop being so emotional and not doing anything other than reading the headlines of their favorite news source.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
hal9000 said:
hal9000 said:

Nope. What's your answer, putz?

which one of you eats the bread when this thread reaches its peak?

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Surfdog said:
No sh!t. It's been over a year and the Trump Derangement Syndrome hasn't subsided one tiny bit.

I think the single most important thing that will come out of this presidency is the "liberal/progressive" Left exposing itself to the country for what it truly is, a totalitarian fcuking religious cult that appropriated two benign words (and a shitload more) to commit the most successful act of fraud that the world has ever seen.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Almost all the major news outlets have staked out a position re: Trump.

Huffpost, Daily Beast: Hate his guts
CNN, WaPo: Intense dislike and not afraid to say it
ABC, CBS, NBC, USA Today, PBS, NYTimes, NBC: He's horrible, but we try to appear somewhat neutral
Washington Times: At least he's kind of conservative
Fox: Except for Shep, we love him
Daily Caller: He's not conservative enough for us but at least he's not Hillary
Breitbart: He's a lunatic, and we like lunatics
InfoWars: We are lunatics

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
OTdos said:
tired shtick.
Really! I was getting tired of my own sh!t, but at least I try to be a bit clever or funny. But the winey voice misspelling by adding too many letters is tiresome.

Half the time I write a comment, I delete rather than submit. There are some that may want to consider following my lead.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
everysurfr said:
OTdos said:
tired shtick.
Really! I was getting tired of my own sh!t, but at least I try to be a bit clever or funny. But the winey voice misspelling by adding too many letters is tiresome.

Half the time I write a comment, I delete rather than submit. There are some that may want to consider following my lead.
What made you not abort this post?

Maybe you should consider following your lead? :shrug:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
FecalFace said:
everysurfr said:
OTdos said:
tired shtick.

Maybe you should consider following you lead? :shrug:
enthusiasm is EVERYTHING !! ) :jam_on:

:wave2:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Surfdog said:
No sh!t. It's been over a year and the [size:16pt]Trump Derangement Syndrome [/size]hasn't subsided one tiny bit.

I think the single most important thing that will come out of this presidency is the "liberal/progressive" Left exposing itself to the country for what it truly is, a[size:16pt] totalitarian fcuking religious cult[/size] that appropriated two benign words (and a shitload more) to commit the most successful act of fraud that the world has ever seen.
Mexico WILL pay for the Wall ! )

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
FecalFace said:
everysurfr said:
OTdos said:
tired shtick.

Maybe you should consider following you lead? :shrug:
My post was funny in an ironic way. When you post as Oprah, you sometimes amuse. When you post as Fecal, you don't. How do you turn on and off your wit like that?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
bigtuna said:
I have to say, when they say sh!t like “Okay, now I’m switching to FULL SEMI AUTOMATIC!!!” And then start pulling the trigger faster, it really pisses me off. That is intentionally misleading an uninformed population. My biggest pet peeve with all this gun debate is how often the left fvcking radiates or beyond utter stupidity.

I’ve always leaned left but I’m starting to come around on the gun thing. There’s just so many angles to consider. States with more lax gun laws do have more deaths by firearm. They also have higher suicide rates. What happens when we remove deaths by suicide? I can’t find articles on this stuff on google because it literally only refers me to left leaning websites or right wing ones that are sh!t with no legitimacy.

Steven Crowler has some good YouTube videos on the subject, but I want to fact check his statistics with verifiable sources. He says hand guns are used more often than “assault weapons” in mass shootings. Is this true? How about a list of mass shooting locations cross referenced to how strict the gun laws are in those states? These are arguments made by pro gun rights activists that seem legitimate.

Looking at this on more of a macro scale, We are often compared to Japan and Scandinavian countries for gun violence rates. Should we compare mass violence rates altogether as opposed to just gun violence? Or stepping further back - the role of guns in keeping populations from being repressed by their own government, as well as neighboring governments. One video mentioned that all the countries hitler invades had either less firearm owners or stricter gun laws, or something. Is there any legitimacy to that? WW2 really wasn’t that long ago, AT ALL, I think a lot of people in my generation and modern America are out of touch with reality.

Also, holy sh!t, as scary as mass shootings are, we need to look at this objectively. They are minuscule compared to the total number of gun deaths. Minuscule. Why aren’t we outraged about these other causes of death in the United States - tobacco kills 488,000 people yearly including 41,000 due to second hand smoke exposure. Alcohol 88,000. There are smart things to spend your time on, and then there are things that are statistically negligible. Think objectively and do the math.

What other preventable causes am I missing? Sometimes it feels like we are really being played for fools. If anyone has links to reputable sources for any of the above I want to read them and learn.

Why is it so hard for any of us to dig deep and analyze this issue in its entirety? People need to stop being so emotional and not doing anything other than reading the headlines of their favorite news source.
Good post.