Cleveland Guardians

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
How much longer for the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame?
It’s my new quest

Guardians isn’t bad. Could be worse

I did purchase the forbidden hat this week though. Judging on how sold out they were, I think a lot of ppl had the same idea

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It’s my new quest
Because you want to change it to Fighting Polacks? I'm good with that!

When Gen X is shitting their pants a change sounds fine. Hell after my Dad dies I'll let it go. But the man grew up sharing a foldout couch with his brother in the Bronx. Anyone from basically Gangs of New York to "Kennedy will be the Pope's puppet" always had that team. Let the old school Irish/Italian/Polish working class have it for a couple more decades.

Apparently Guardians has something to do with Cleveland? Steamers and Dumpster Fires were my choices.

Right now I'm thinking "New York Lead Blowers Are You Fucking People Kidding Me What The Actual Fuck Is The Meaning Of This Fucking Horseshit God Fucking Damn It All To Hell" has a better ring to it than Yankees.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Well, the Cleveland We're Not Detroits is a bit too wordy.

This still beats the Washington Football Team.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Well, the Cleveland We're Not Detroits is a bit too wordy.

This still beats the Washington Football Team.
How unfunny of a Major League reboot could we make off this Guardians thing?

Washington Football Team is epic. Redskins is a bit bad - even if it readily lent itself to foreskins - but just letting it sit there and suck, I liked that.

Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
How unfunny of a Major League reboot could we make off this Guardians thing?

Washington Football Team is epic. Redskins is a bit bad - even if it readily lent itself to foreskins - but just letting it sit there and suck, I liked that.
The can work security for the LA Galaxy when they play Chivas USA. I assume this is still a rivalry; I base this completely off the Calvin pissing stickers on pickup trucks parked on lawns.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The can work security for the LA Galaxy when they play Chivas USA. I assume this is still a rivalry; I base this completely off the Calvin pissing stickers on pickup trucks parked on lawns.
I watched the USA v Jamaica game last night. I guess LA, probably NY, and definitely Portland v Seattle are MLS rivalries. But I dunno about MLS rivalries being a "thing".

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I watched the USA v Jamaica game last night. I guess LA, probably NY, and definitely Portland v Seattle are MLS rivalries. But I dunno about MLS rivalries being a "thing".
I think it is a Mexican thing. Aside from 8 year old girls, who really gives a crap about soccer in the US? :shrug:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think it is a Mexican thing. Aside from 8 year old girls, who really gives a crap about soccer in the US? :shrug:
They do a good job of scheduling it so it doesn't conflict with sports I want to watch, and there's 45+ minutes of gameplay without commercial interruption. Personally I like the women's game better. The men are faster and more skilled, but they're such dive artist penalty merchants I can't just zone out for a few and watch it. The women all play like they have something to prove, so nobody's trying to get an Oscar for flopping.

I mean if all you've watched for like three months is the Knicks losing to Trey Young and the Yankees blowing leads in the 8th/9th inning because the third baseman managed to catch a grounder, but grabbing it out of his glove with his throwing hand is some advanced voodoo, soccer ain't so bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento