CI - Two Happy

Sep 18, 2020
So back in February, I ordered a Happy but asked for the Two Happy Groveler just like @Scott Ando told us we could. Dims are 2" shorter, 1/4" wider than my standard shortboard with the same thickness. It came in the other week and I've had it out on a few surfs in punchy, chest high+ beachbreak. Running the CI Upright fins. It's instantly one of my favorites - a fast, and loose gigglefest. It's aptly named.

Not a crutch for poor paddlers but as soon as the physics switch from hydrostatic to hydrodynamic, it takes off. None of this is surprising giving the curvier entry rocker and wider plane shape. Wide tail but feels fairly front foot / back foot neutral.

I haven't surfed the regular Two Happy but the Groveler version gets a big thumbs up.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
So back in February, I ordered a Happy but asked for the Two Happy Groveler just like @Scott Ando told us we could. Dims are 2" shorter, 1/4" wider than my standard shortboard with the same thickness. It came in the other week and I've had it out on a few surfs in punchy, chest high+ beachbreak. Running the CI Upright fins. It's instantly one of my favorites - a fast, and loose gigglefest. It's aptly named.

Not a crutch for poor paddlers but as soon as the physics switch from hydrostatic to hydrodynamic, it takes off. None of this is surprising giving the curvier entry rocker and wider plane shape. Wide tail but feels fairly front foot / back foot neutral.

I haven't surfed the regular Two Happy but the Groveler version gets a big thumbs up.
Nice! Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: j_mac

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
CI shop has a batch of these. Didn’t know what they were, was gonna ask here.

don’t know about the two happy to compare.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
This is the step-down.
"Everyday" meaning a California shortboard, little wider nose and tail, think Flyer-ish
Should be in most dealers late March, some advance ones at the CI store in SB.
Is it just width or is the rocker a little toned down vs the Two Happy?

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Hard to say if they’ve adjusted this board further but the happy everyday looks even more step downish than the two happy grovel I ordered about a year ago. Prooflab has a few of these on the rack. They look fun/nice but way too wide for my tastes.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Hard to say if they’ve adjusted this board further but the happy everyday looks even more step downish than the two happy grovel I ordered about a year ago. Prooflab has a few of these on the rack. They look fun/nice but way too wide for my tastes.
stock dims look too wide for the length but you can easily narrow them up

I'd probably do 5'11 x 19 3/8 x 2 1/2

could easily ride the stock 6'1 two happy as well

probably want to go a little shorter and wider maybe a bit thicker if that's your thing

Reactions: sdsrfr