CI - Two Happy

Sep 18, 2020
So back in February, I ordered a Happy but asked for the Two Happy Groveler just like @Scott Ando told us we could. Dims are 2" shorter, 1/4" wider than my standard shortboard with the same thickness. It came in the other week and I've had it out on a few surfs in punchy, chest high+ beachbreak. Running the CI Upright fins. It's instantly one of my favorites - a fast, and loose gigglefest. It's aptly named.

Not a crutch for poor paddlers but as soon as the physics switch from hydrostatic to hydrodynamic, it takes off. None of this is surprising giving the curvier entry rocker and wider plane shape. Wide tail but feels fairly front foot / back foot neutral.

I haven't surfed the regular Two Happy but the Groveler version gets a big thumbs up.

jkb

Kelly Slater status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
So back in February, I ordered a Happy but asked for the Two Happy Groveler just like @Scott Ando told us we could. Dims are 2" shorter, 1/4" wider than my standard shortboard with the same thickness. It came in the other week and I've had it out on a few surfs in punchy, chest high+ beachbreak. Running the CI Upright fins. It's instantly one of my favorites - a fast, and loose gigglefest. It's aptly named.

Not a crutch for poor paddlers but as soon as the physics switch from hydrostatic to hydrodynamic, it takes off. None of this is surprising giving the curvier entry rocker and wider plane shape. Wide tail but feels fairly front foot / back foot neutral.

I haven't surfed the regular Two Happy but the Groveler version gets a big thumbs up.
Nice! Thanks for the feedback!