CI Twin Pin

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I think you guys are talking about different boards. The CI Twin Pin of the thread title has no wing. Just a clean round tail.

The CI Twin is the old winged swallow tail. Maybe the Free Scrubber is some variant of the old one?

Seems like the Twin Pin and the Twin have little in common beyond the twins. Totally different designs.

Really like the clean lines and super simple flat to vee bottom of the twin pin with zero concave. Seems like it would ride a lot differently than modern boards just based on that alone.

The CI Twin does have a wing. :)

I'm excited to ride it. Once we get some waves I'm gonna spend a day or two testing out different fins.

BTW: I think the Free Scrubber is a little more parallel outline than the CI Twin. Not sure though.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think you guys are talking about different boards. The CI Twin Pin of the thread title has no wing. Just a clean round tail.

The CI Twin is the old winged swallow tail. Maybe the Free Scrubber is some variant of the old one?

Seems like the Twin Pin and the Twin have little in common beyond the twins. Totally different designs.

Really like the clean lines and super simple flat to vee bottom of the twin pin with zero concave. Seems like it would ride a lot differently than modern boards just based on that alone.
Ah... you are correct. I overlooked that when reading the post. My mistake. :)

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
it's been said before, but so much of the usefulness of these guys' reviews are how familiar you are with their surfing on other boars, and spotting the differences- which are not necessarily what the reviewers themselves think they are in their analysis. Personally, I think Craig & Kale's reviews, wave conditions, and surfing style, are more relatable for me than Noel's robotic surfing on the trestles conveyor belt.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
From what I have seen Craig surfs that board better than most boards he demos. Kinda want one.
Yeah, I am curious about this board as well. I like the vee bottom with the twin. Reminds me of CC Lane Splitter that I truly enjoy as it smooths out my surfing. It seems that CI Twin Pin fins are located farther back than Lane Splitter and with the round tail it is very tempting.

And...it looks like they are making a version that looks similar to the Lane Splitter

Last edited:
Reactions: jkb and enframed

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
it's been said before, but so much of the usefulness of these guys' reviews are how familiar you are with their surfing on other boars, and spotting the differences- which are not necessarily what the reviewers themselves think they are in their analysis. Personally, I think Craig & Kale's reviews, wave conditions, and surfing style, are more relatable for me than Noel's robotic surfing on the trestles conveyor belt.
Not to mention that they aren't annoying or hawking fins.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Devon Howard on the 2 + 1 mid or Mikey February on the twin pin (or Mid) both look much better.

This one just looks like an awkwardly oversized shortboard under Dane G's feet. Probably more the archer than the arrow.

Now there's this.

Reactions: Havoc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Devon Howard on the 2 + 1 mid or Mikey February on the twin pin (or Mid) both look much better.

This one just looks like an awkwardly oversized shortboard under Dane G's feet. Probably more the archer than the arrow.
Dane didn’t look “great” on the 2+1 either.