CI Twin Pin

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I like this board a lot. Have a 5'11. Works well in decent to fun waves. It's very fast, loose, and positive.

Would definitely consider ordering a step up and step down version. It's kind of a twin-fin quiver killer (with the exception of TKFs). I definitely prefer this board to the Twinsman I had previously.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I like this board a lot. Have a 5'11. Works well in decent to fun waves. It's very fast, loose, and positive.

Would definitely consider ordering a step up and step down version. It's kind of a twin-fin quiver killer (with the exception of TKFs). I definitely prefer this board to the Twinsman I had previously.
Why is that?

Reactions: j_mac and oeste858

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

I need moar deets!!! Been tempted by a 5’10.

Reactions: j_mac

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I just purchased my first Non-Tomo since 12/2018. :cool:

Its Bobby Martinez's old CI Twin Fin. Got it pretty darn cheap from Surfboard Broker - with a set of Kraken NVS fins too.
I mainly got it because I saw Curren riding one in that free scrubber with a pair of S-Wing fins and thought it looked so fun!

My question is... what fins should I use? Has anyone ridden one of these boards?

Currently I have the 1) NVS Fascination, 2) NVS Kraken, and 3) Surf Squared Keels.
I was thinking about getting the CI nub for the center fin (which is made for this board) along with the CI twin fins?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I found one of Noel's old reviews on this board from 2016. It was a pretty solid review.

• Wow
Reactions: MathDebater

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Bobby CI Twin Fin (1).jpg

This is the board with the KRAKEN FINS in it.
Bobby CI Twin Fin (2).jpg

This is the board with the FASCINATION FINS in it.

Bobby CI Twin Fin (3).jpg

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I just purchased my first Non-Tomo since 12/2018. :cool:

Its Bobby Martinez's old CI Twin Fin. Got it pretty darn cheap from Surfboard Broker - with a set of Kraken NVS fins too.
I mainly got it because I saw Curren riding one in that free scrubber with a pair of S-Wing fins and thought it looked so fun!

My question is... what fins should I use? Has anyone ridden one of these boards?

Currently I have the 1) NVS Fascination, 2) NVS Kraken, and 3) Surf Squared Keels.
I was thinking about getting the CI nub for the center fin (which is made for this board) along with the CI twin fins?

Anyone have any suggestions?

I found one of Noel's old reviews on this board from 2016. It was a pretty solid review.
One of the managers at my local surf shop (E.T Surfboards) who surfs very well liked the AM's best. This was years ago when the model first came out. FWIW, he never used the training wheel.

Reactions: ReForest

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
The board was probably designed for use with those kinds up upright twins but I don't see any reason why what you have there wouldn't work, or maybe even work better. Did CI actually change this model or did they just rename it to the free scrubber?

Reactions: ReForest

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
You better explain before the mob starts gathering feathers and heating the tar.
Sorry, realize I left you guys hanging here.

I like the Twinsman a lot but I didn't go all that well in small, weak waves. So considering that I use these boards more in hh and fun, if not solid, conditions, I just think the CI Twin Fin is a shape that's a little bit more conducive to those conditions. A lot of our best waves are lefts and that's backside for me so it's helpful to have the pintail and extra length.

I also just like how simple and low frills the CI Twin is. No wing. No concave deck. It's just a solid all-around twin fin that has good performance, is easy to surf, and is pretty versatile.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Sorry, realize I left you guys hanging here.

I like the Twinsman a lot but I didn't go all that well in small, weak waves. So considering that I use these boards more in hh and fun, if not solid, conditions, I just think the CI Twin Fin is a shape that's a little bit more conducive to those conditions. A lot of our best waves are lefts and that's backside for me so it's helpful to have the pintail and extra length.

I also just like how simple and low frills the CI Twin is. No wing. No concave deck. It's just a solid all-around twin fin that has good performance, is easy to surf, and is pretty versatile.
The CI Twin does have a wing. :)

I'm excited to ride it. Once we get some waves I'm gonna spend a day or two testing out different fins.

BTW: I think the Free Scrubber is a little more parallel outline than the CI Twin. Not sure though.