CI Twin Pin

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Has anyone tried a CI Mid as a Twin? Am I forgetting something?

I like the looks of that Twin Pin.
No CI mid but I have a 6'9" x20" x2.5" It run as twin "2win" with Stretch FU 2win fiberglass set board has pintail and stinger outline. Super fun needs some push but still grovels good if wave is not super mushy.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Seems like that dude should be riding a 5'9 or 5'11 version in bigger fall surf to really make this review mean anything. He looks like he weighs about a buck 50 and is way over volumed and under waved.

The big Australian dude who evaluated them, Craig Whatever, could eat this guy for lunch and he reviewed a 5'11 and a 6'1.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Curious what that is, and relative to your dimensions. Are you thinking oversized like I am?
I was being sarcastic about his duck dive rating. But-I would go the route you were mentioning in the other thread for sure. probable exact same dimensions u were thinking. Size the rail down for sure. And even though I was joking above-I think I would really like that model.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
In August February got this CI shipment delivering a 6’0 twin pin where he experiments with the width, reducing it by almost an inch. I guess that would generally make it more performancey but I’m not sure exactly why. More speed but less stability? Would it effect maneuverability?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
In August February got this CI shipment delivering a 6’0 twin pin where he experiments with the width, reducing it by almost an inch. I guess that would generally make it more performancey but I’m not sure exactly why. More speed but less stability? Would it effect maneuverability?

More stability and faster response on curvy wave and not sure about rocker #'s but pretty sure rocker may have increased on nose or both as well. I once had flat twinner non to very little rocker and was surprised how well it worked in steep waves and width was around 19" and very foiled rails at only 2.25" .

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I bought a 6'7 hoping it would be more of a daily driver but I don't think this shape translated well into a larger size.
what is the max length you would go based on your experience? assume sizing width and thickness down.