CI Twin Pin

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Why aren't we talking about this? I like it. Of course I got distracted by a stamps twin and ordered that but I still like this

What say you? Am I missing something?
Does anyone else think Noel's biting his tongue when Britt is talking about the new twin fins he made for the board (and he's thinking: "Shoulda just got a set off me.") and then he can't resist putting in his own upright twins (fair enough too)?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Why aren't we talking about this? I like it. Of course I got distracted by a stamps twin and ordered that but I still like this

What say you? Am I missing something?
fins look big (5 1/2x5 1/2) for such a small board and 165lb rider
The 6-4 I'm currently riding(similar vibe) is vee bottom nose to tail
that came from retodd's 90's era Jobson (useless factoid)

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Does anyone else think Noel's biting his tongue when Britt is talking about the new twin fins he made for the board (and he's thinking: "Shoulda just got a set off me.") and then he can't resist putting in his own upright twins (fair enough too)?
And he rode his fins in better waves…

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Didn't someone say that the twin pin in general was one of the worst designs in history? :shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
in fairness, Noel’s fins look much better

Reactions: need 4 speed

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I'm kicking myself for not buying the 5'11 I saw in a shop in CA back in May.

Seems like they'd work well in good surf if you're looking for something that draws different lines. I see it as sort of a step up if you're used to riding mid lengths or alt boards or an HPSB guy who wants to try something new (unless you surf if like an HPSB like Noel). I'm intriged by the flat to vee bottom with no concave, bit of a different feel.

Not really for surfing two foot slop or gutless waves. The Stab 100 thing with Mikey Feb is a good place to see it in action.

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
Snagged a 5'11 that popped up at my local shop. The board is insanely fun, but as others have mentioned, takes some wave to get working.

I've been riding twins almost exclusively for the last half dozen or so years, and this is the most performance feeling. Funny enough, it's made me want to get my first proper hpsb in forever.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I've got a 5'11 up here in SF, running it with the album NVS twins

I really like it. I feel like it goes way better in the points, i.e. santa cruz, but is fun on clean days here in sf

This is the first twin I've ever bought - the transition has been super easy coming from a thruster guy

Reactions: bluengreen