CI Twin Pin

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I exclusively ride twins and quads. This is the only board I've had this issue with. Maybe the fact that it's a CI triggers my thruster muscle memory.
I bet it’s the soft and sleepy socal waves. Triggers and engages Backfoot toddler trifin baby steps of youth.
Tough one, rebirthing outer bar therapy is the call.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Had the 5’11”. Rode it for one trip to Bali.

In fast lined up Impossibles it was phucking mind bending. One of the best boards I’ve ever ridden.

At low tide up the line Ulus, much more peaky and cornery it was flip flopping around in turns. I couldn’t bottom turn with any real projection and couldn’t do the old faithful high line in those waves.

Just sold it but will still wank over it on occasion.

Reactions: ReForest

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Asking for some help here.

Recently got back on the twin pin for a few sessions. One at wonky but solid Lowers, one at Ponto, and one at a closeout beach break. Strangely, I struggled the most at Lowers, where the waves and sections were a little flatter-faced than the other breaks.

Bottom turns felt really strange. As I would come off the bottom, the board would sharply pivot in an uncontrolled way at the end of my turn rather than drawing a smooth arc up into the pocket. This caused me to lose momentum and have to awkwardly adjust my weight and angle as I initiated a top turn. My brother says that I'm surfing too back-footed, trying to "thrust" the board at the end of the turn. The board wants a more even footed approach on turns.

It's strange because these same mechanics result in a smooth bottom turn with lots of projection on my Hess quads and Album Plasmic.

Looking back at the footage, I appear to be too backfooted pumping the board on flatter faces as well. It looks more like I'm squirling around on the tail rather than getting drive and projection.

Here's the footage. I'm the guy deepest on the peak. You can see it especially on the first bottom turn.

Anyone experience something similar with this board?
You’re trying to pump it like a thruster. You can do that but just make sure the outer edge of your back foot isn’t behind the fins.

The Plasmic fins are farther back and that deep double channel makes the board stickier. Twin pin is basically flat.