CI twin pin review

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
looks slow n stiff. hard pass.

craig is a good surfer and i enjoy watching his vids.
Craigs review confirms what I figured: lots of average surfers going to be disappointed that they aren’t surfing their average breaks like Mikey Feb at J-bay. boar looked good in the bigger cleaner waves, just like we would’ve expected. Exactly what I got a 6’1 Twinsman RP for last year. Just hope we get swells this winter so I can ride it more!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bman76 and Aruka

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Craigs review confirms what I figured: lots of average surfers going to be disappointed that they aren’t surfing their average breaks like Mikey Feb at J-bay. boar looked good in the bigger cleaner waves, just like we would’ve expected. Exactly what I got a 6’1 Twinsman RP for last year. Just hope we get more swells this winter so I can ride it more!
Very near future you well see dozen almost full price on SB CL:toilet:

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
When are these boards hitting C-List? I've been patiently waiting for a used CI Mid.

Regarding Craig, he can crank a turn but always looks like he's bogging trying to get down the line.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
When are these boards hitting C-List? I've been patiently waiting for a used CI Mid.

Regarding Craig, he can crank a turn but always looks like he's bogging trying to get down the line.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Haven't seen one on SF Bay Area C-List. And I've only seen one in person. Who bought the first run of these? The entire population of southern California?
So, what makes you want a CI version of this egg more than any other shaper? You just trust the brand? Seems like a lot of guys can make this at least as good and have been perfecting them for longer (than I'd assume CI). I know very little about midlenghtns and longer boars, so genuinely curious. Dont you have a SOC twin mid? Now, that looks interesting to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkb

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
was he a serious ripper when thin?
I live near Craig and know a bit of his story due to a very loose 2-degrees-of-separation kind of deal. I believe he used to do a few comps and be part of the local Boardriders clubs.

Also, in his defence, the times I've seen him in the water he surfs much better than the clips on his YouTube channel; definitely in the upper 25% of the ability levels at the local.