CI Single original vs. G2 and shipping to NY

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Just wondering what the bottom contours of the CI Single Fin G2 are vs the original. I know the original has pretty deep bonzer like concaves but I've never seen a G2. The website says "spiral vee". I don't really know what that is. Anyone ridden one or both of these and have any feedback on the original vs the G2. I tend to like the drive of concaves vs. a standard flat to vee bottom.

Also will Channel Islands do a custom order and ship it to New York or do they only work through their dealers? Ideally I'd love Moonlight to glass it and ship it to me. The only place that carries CI's around here is my least favorite surf shop to deal with and they only carry the single fins sporatically.

Thanks. I'm not totally new to the forum, I just lost my old login info and had to re-register. Formally Lidobeat.

highline rider

Miki Dora status
Jan 31, 2003
Orange County
dont know about the bottom configuration, but i think that all or most ci singles go through moonlight, i think i read that somewhere. and if you order one you can have it glassed at moonlight and i think they can send it to you. there were recently two boards shipped to the east coast via moonlight, r. olliges bonzer and lesiders fish. Just talk to tfad.

blakestah

Phil Edwards status
Sep 10, 2002
Sprial Vee is a vee that peaks around the front edge of the fin, flattens in front and behind. Terry Fitzgerald introduced this contour in the 70s near the height of the shortboard singles.

I haven't seen the CI board, don't know how it may be different from the older designs.