Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Mostly yes

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
yeah , me too.

but there's an adjustment and I see. plenty who don't/can't make that adjustment back once they go big.
Laziness, imho.

I go back and forth all the time.

In the last two weeks I’ve ridden a 7’2 vaquero, 5’10 alpha omega, 6’8 vaquero, 5’10 alpha omega, 6’3 Fever, 5’8 CI Pod (original) and a 6’8 quad step up...in that order.

Reactions: urchined

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Laziness is a factor.

so is choice, and a big part of it is what is hip and happening.

far more likely to get your dick wet (around here) if you have a mid-length channel twin as opposed to a bog standard HPSB.

culture and fashion are powerful motivators.

I'm rotating between a 7'3" Parmenter Vector-Cuda, 5'8" Panda twin, 6'0 thruster and am just about to paddle out on a 6'0" Bonzer 5 Mini-Merk.

Most of the winter here, I alternated between a 6'1" Ghost and a 6'6" quad desert storm.

No dramas whatsoever sliding peelers on a log over summer.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Laziness is a factor.

so is choice, and a big part of it is what is hip and happening.

far more likely to get your dick wet (around here) if you have a mid-length channel twin as opposed to a bog standard HPSB.

culture and fashion are powerful motivators.

I'm rotating between a 7'3" Parmenter Vector-Cuda, 5'8" Panda twin, 6'0 thruster and am just about to paddle out on a 6'0" Bonzer 5 Mini-Merk.

Most of the winter here, I alternated between a 6'1" Ghost and a 6'6" quad desert storm.

No dramas whatsoever sliding peelers on a log over summer.
guys get locked in to what they think they should surf. hpsb'rs are probably more worried than anybody about how they are perceived. which accounts for ton of their disdain toward anything north of 27l

i dont give two shits about what others think or chose to ride. i get my waves regardless of how many guys yak theirs.

and since were waggling the pepis over how versatile we all are...

this week's go to's-

9-0 parmy 2+1 tankah
5-5 mabile white pony
7-2 parmy widow maker
7-2 parmy again
5-11 twinzer sb
off day
6-6 stubb vector

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
yeah , me too.

but there's an adjustment and I see. plenty who don't/can't make that adjustment back once they go big.
Might be a lot of longboarders thinking they can go small hi-perf with a 7-0...but just cant do it

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
damn, hearing the prices of these boards makes me realize how spoilt we are with Stamps here in socal.

i can buy 2 new boards from him custom with paint for the price of one CI?
Yeah, we have it pretty good

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
never discount hpsb. when wavez r good its pretty optimal and fun
Yup. Rode my Fever the other day at the same point break I rode the AO at last week. Basically same conditions with a little more push and a little more crowd.

every time I ride a HPSB in good surf I go “oh yeah, that’s why I have one”.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
9'7" Christenson Bonneville
7'0" Furrow Labyrinth
6'8" Christenson Stepup
8'2" Chapman Gun

I've ridden the longboard and gun on the same day. Furrow board is getting replaced by an MC twinpin. No desire to ride a shortboard any time soon since I'm still a bit out of shape, and a kook.