Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Mostly yes

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I have a 7-7 mid length. I've found it doesn't work well in smaller waves but carves waves like butter when it's 1.5 times overhead. I guess it's more of a fun gun.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
also if u run into packs of these wfh wavestormer tech kooks, burn them on every chance u get. i got fed up recently and started doing that and have had much more enjoyable sessions. glad i messed up their look at me im sarfing instagram post
I haven't been to CA since March so I can't even imagine the COVID crowds, but just before that I learned that once you decide to ignore those folks and just do your thing sessions get a lot better. They know they're kooks. You remind them of this with your total indifference to their presence. I started smiling when I did it, and whistling random tunes. Even better.

As far as midlength I've never ridden one but they sure look fun. So yeah, not lame. Anything you can surf with speed, flow, and style is not lame.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Exciting news. Board arrived this evening. Unwrapped and some photos were taken.

Definitely nice and light for its size. It's very, very flat so it should glide pretty nicely and be fast. It's hard to see but the rails are nice and foiled, not that much more volume than my shortboards. The bottom seems interesting to me. There is a small amount of roll that goes into some pretty aggressive vee through the middle of the board and then light spiral vee out the back.

IMG_5776.jpegIMG_5775.jpegIMG_5774.jpeg

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
Exciting news. Board arrived this evening. Unwrapped and some photos were taken.

Definitely nice and light for its size. It's very, very flat so it should glide pretty nicely and be fast. It's hard to see but the rails are nice and foiled, not that much more volume than my shortboards. The bottom is kind of what you'd expect, a good amount of concave/vee.

View attachment 101479View attachment 101480View attachment 101481
thats a nice looking boar. matching shoes and cuffs not so much. but you do live in sf... right? so it prolly okay with the locs

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

Definitely nice and light for its size. It's very, very flat so it should glide pretty nicely and be fast. It's hard to see but the rails are nice and foiled, not that much more volume than my shortboards. The bottom seems interesting to me. There is a small amount of roll that goes into some pretty aggressive vee through the middle of the board and then light spiral vee out the back.

View attachment 101479View attachment 101480View attachment 101481
Nice!! Can't wait to read the ride report.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
I just bought a Varial neckbeard 2.

$700 for PU vs $799 for Varial. Can't imagine a midlength with polish would be much cheaper than $999.
i saw a 6’10” CI Mid on CList Seller is asking $1000 says he paid $1200 for it.