CI Mid Twin

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Seems like the twins work well in shorter dims. Mikey Feb looks really good on his which I guess is 6'9. Think I'd go 6'7.

Was going to order one of these custom awhile back with channels but they can't do channels with futures as I guess the tail gets too thin to accommodate the boxes. Need to go FCS if you add channels. Just FYI.

Not a fan of CI's glass jobs in general but I rode a friends Mid and it felt pretty solid and wasn't banged up too badly and he travels extensively so I'd be OK with this one. The $1300 price tag is a bit much for me but not out of control in relation to other boards like this.

Jan 30, 2023
Have the 2+1 that i ride as a twin on slower stomach to head high days. I was told the fin boxes were a little further back on the twin template so i bought some XL keels that run well behind the side bite box placements. No clue if my reasoning is sound with this method, but I definitely enjoy it and find myself riding it as a twin more often now. Only use the 2+1 on bigger days. Great board regardless, if youre unsure on sizing, go up
1675137749114.png

Reactions: averagejoe

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
Longer twins can draw nice lines..... 7’2 Lovelace version, probably less HP than the Ci
Erik is a stand out surfer in Wilmington, NC and a really nice dude. I’ve seen him get some great tubes from fort fisher to the outer banks when it’s dumping. He’s on the alt train, but I’m backing it.

Reactions: Havoc

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I don’t really like channels on a twin. Twins are supposed to be a little slippy and the channels tighten it up. Might as well have a thruster at that point.
Totally disagree the faster you go the more slippery you can get :shrug: My Alpha Omega made for speed and hauls a$$:waving:

• Love
Reactions: Woke AF

jory

OTF status
Aug 13, 2006
UK
Visit site
Erik is a stand out surfer in Wilmington, NC and a really nice dude. I’ve seen him get some great tubes from fort fisher to the outer banks when it’s dumping. He’s on the alt train, but I’m backing it.
yeah he’s got great style. Seen Some lovely insta clips of him here and there. At the risk of thread derail. This is him getting slotted on a 6’4 quad egg…..

• Love
Reactions: Woke AF

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Longer twins can draw nice lines..... 7’2 Lovelace version, probably less HP than the Ci

Twinzer. I think it looks less HP than the CI Mid PIn because in the CI video they are surfing head high to overhead waves as opposed to this vid which is waist high. Take that board out in overhead and I imagine you 'll get some HP adjacent carves.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Twinzer. I think it looks less HP than the CI Mid PIn because in the CI video they are surfing head high to overhead waves as opposed to this vid which is waist high. Take that board out in overhead and I imagine you 'll get some HP adjacent carves.
That's not a twinzer and that fin setup doesn't perform like a twinzer. The front fins are smaller (too small to really have any affect in my opinion) and placed further apart. Twinzer mo better.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I’m with NorthSails on this one. If the boar has “Mid” in the name, I promise you: you’re not sarfin as HP as you think you are. If you don’t believe me, borrow Deforest’s solo shot and check the footage. 95% of ML riders ain’t sarfin as good as this nice dude Erik from NC… much less M-Feb (world-class, CT-level surfer) or Devon frikin Howard. Relax about your HP funboar, draw some longer lines, and let the crutch boar do the work

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
I’m with NorthSails on this one. If the boar has “Mid” in the name, I promise you: you’re not sarfin as HP as you think you are. If you don’t believe me, borrow Deforest’s solo shot and check the footage. 95% of ML riders ain’t sarfin as good as this nice dude Erik from NC… much less M-Feb (world-class, CT-level surfer) or Devon frikin Howard. Relax about your HP funboar, draw some longer lines, and let the crutch boar do the work
1675193952721.jpeg

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009

Who in their right mind buys boards off that ****?
This is what a 7'2" looks like IRL. In your own head the Loveless 7'2" is really cool, but it's just a repainted BIC. BICs are great boards though. Had one myself. Traded it for a windsurfer and regret it now. I'd wager a BIC goes better than any shitlength on the market. Can't be far off, as any board will beat a 7 foot singlefin pintail with a rounded bottom and V plowing the seaweed.

1675196809309.png

Paying 3 months of hard labor for some jazz hands and a floater is a joke.
1675196789712.png

I'll set you up with jazz hands and a floater for $100. Gold colored! Bespoke leash plug and custom fins for the board. You have not experienced!

1675197446082.png

If you wanna surf in good in small waves, get a longboard and practice.

The shitlength fad is dead.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Who in their right mind buys boards off that ****?
This is what a 7'2" looks like IRL. In your own head the Loveless 7'2" is really cool, but it's just a repainted BIC. BICs are great boards though. Had one myself. Traded it for a windsurfer and regret it now. I'd wager a BIC goes better than any shitlength on the market. Can't be far off, as any board will beat a 7 foot singlefin pintail with a rounded bottom and V plowing the seaweed.

View attachment 147252

Paying 3 months of hard labor for some jazz hands and a floater is a joke.
View attachment 147251

I'll set you up with jazz hands and a floater for $100. Gold colored! Bespoke leash plug and custom fins for the board. You have not experienced!

View attachment 147255

If you wanna surf in good in small waves, get a longboard and practice.

The shitlength fad is dead.
Surfing lesson-

Moar bend in zee knees.

Fifty dollars pleeze.