CI Bobby Quad

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LOL when I clicked that link the entire scrolling fin section below was Deathstarfins. Not a single FCS/Futures/Captain Fin Co etc. item. Traction and leashes ran the gamut though.

Surf Station 2 is cool though. Old bungalow-y place, old wood, absolute shitload of surfboards, a surprisingly high volume of rashguards and trunks relatively to tee shirts and shorts.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
My buddy ordered a CI Fever through a shop. They messed up the length. It was 6'10 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/4". Team glassing.
It looked so fcked. I could only imagine whoever cut it wondering if it was supposed to be a 5'10.
The shop admitted fault and didn't sell it to him. It sat in their racks for awhile until some poor soul bought it.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My buddy ordered a CI Fever through a shop. They messed up the length. It was 6'10 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/4". Team glassing.
It looked so fcked. I could only imagine whoever cut it wondering if it was supposed to be a 5'10.
The shop admitted fault and didn't sell it to him. It sat in their racks for awhile until some poor soul bought it.
6A43CE25-593D-4FC6-84B4-24D5A6DFDC5A.jpeg

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Nick.
Last time I surfed with him saw him take off really deep, he was trying hard but didn’t get around the section of a good wave. I told him you usually make those, looks like you don’t have as much spring on your bottom turn like when you surfed more. Maybe you need to do squats. He immediately turns the boar over and goes I don’t know about this boar. I don’t think it was the replacement CI but right after. The next few times I surfed with him he would tell me he’s been doing squats. Haha.

He got me back by telling me if I want to blow fins over every time I need to widen my stance. That got in my head for a few sessions.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Nick.
Last time I surfed with him saw him take off really deep, he was trying hard but didn’t get around the section of a good wave. I told him you usually make those, looks like you don’t have as much spring on your bottom turn like when you surfed more. Maybe you need to do squats. He immediately turns the boar over and goes I don’t know about this boar. I don’t think it was the replacement CI but right after. The next few times I surfed with him he would tell me he’s been doing squats. Haha.

He got me back by telling me if I want to blow fins over every time I need to widen my stance. That got in my head for a few sessions.
yeah it was Nick. He has a photo of the 6’10, he was trying so hard not to laugh. He sent the photo to the group thread let me see if I can find it.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Probably better for slightly overhead Swamis than half the boards out there?
You don’t know how the Swamis measurement system works….

Typically any rational person measures the vertical height of the wave face and whatever number (in feet) it measures then that is how big the the wave is (aka: Duffy scale).

So if a wave face from top to bottom measures 6 feet the wave is 6 feet.

In Hawaii, for some inexplicable reason, a 6 foot wave is called 2-3 feet.

At Swamis the wave is also measured from top to bottom but the measurement is not taken vertically but rather it’s as if you laid a tape measure flat on the face of the wave out toward the shoulder. Using this method you could get a wave that is about head high plus but is called “18-20 feet”.

90ED7C51-A301-4FCF-B1C2-0E2F7E89B1A7.jpeg

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You don’t know how the Swamis measurement system works….

Typically any rational person measures the vertical height of the wave face and whatever number (in feet) it measures then that is how big the the wave is (aka: Duffy scale).

So if a wave face from top to bottom measures 6 feet the wave is 6 feet.

In Hawaii, for some inexplicable reason, a 6 foot wave is called 2-3 feet.

At Swamis the wave is also measured from top to bottom but the measurement is not taken vertically but rather it’s as if you laid a tape measure flat on the face of the wave out toward the shoulder. Using this method you could get a wave that is about head high plus but is called “18-20 feet”.

View attachment 121039
This is an outstanding submission to the erBB original artwork category! :bowdown: