CI Bobby Quad

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
To me that looks like a different board. The Rocket squash seems super fun though.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Ok so read me out.....i was expecting a different thing when the two happy came out. Im 5’9 and my hpsb is 6’0 x19 and i almost never use it. Dropped to 5’10x19.25 wider and flatter grinder x kinda board and i am liking those. Now i dropped even more around 5’7-5’8 thicker maybe a fuller outline and is really another category, and still work now at around my height. Stubby boards , still with a pointy , but fuller nose. They look more like twin fins... A category between a fish and a stubby shortboard. I know: splitting hairs here. They go good in beachbreaks, and what really established boards are there in this category? What does ci have in this category? Well Dumpster divers , i guess. And neckbeards. I think there could be a different marketing angle to whats already been done. Idk‍♂

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
  • Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

Scott Ando

OTF status
Nov 12, 2002
Santa Barbara
Visit site
I know Yadin Nicol has kept reordering these so I figured he was liking them - so I hit him up - cut and paste his reply -
His dims are 5'4" x 19" x 2 1/4"

Hey Scott, yeah no worries!

My Bobby quad might be one of the best boards I’ve ever had from CI and feels like nothing I’ve ridden before. It has quite a bit of vee through the back half of the board which makes it roll from rail to rail really easily. Pair that with a flat rocker, straight outline and 4 fins, it make for one of the fastest boards I’ve ever ridden and somehow still holds a rail better most boards in my quiver. It doesn’t really make sense - yadin

Hope that helps and free to edit If needed

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
DeepSingle Vee ! :)
Actually the quad found out in the dumpster had Signature Buzz concaves and rocker highlight an aggressive single to double while still hosting a predictable feel when pushing hard off the tail. The flip in the tail which combines the added curve in the rail rocker to provides more control and responsiveness for when the waves get crispy.
http://instagr.am/p/wb3jTHKR7z/

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardwolf

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I know Yadin Nicol has kept reordering these so I figured he was liking them - so I hit him up - cut and paste his reply -
His dims are 5'4" x 19" x 2 1/4"

Hey Scott, yeah no worries!

My Bobby quad might be one of the best boards I’ve ever had from CI and feels like nothing I’ve ridden before. It has quite a bit of vee through the back half of the board which makes it roll from rail to rail really easily. Pair that with a flat rocker, straight outline and 4 fins, it make for one of the fastest boards I’ve ever ridden and somehow still holds a rail better most boards in my quiver. It doesn’t really make sense - yadin

Hope that helps and free to edit If needed
take my money (in xtr)