Christenson Mescaline

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
They do sit way back, but they don't have much rake. I thought they would be like controller quads but they are much more upright

WarrenC

Michael Peterson status
Nov 30, 2008
interesting board, even more so the fin set up...
I guess the air gap at bottom trailing edge makes the fin looser....?
I just googled images of these fins and they are more upright than any other keel fin I have seen
good stuff

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I'm hoping to use the DVS quads on the VS Manta, which has pretty forward fin placement.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
FecalFace said:
That one looks fun and just look at all that carbon.

The outline kinda looks like Mystic.
I had the same thought. Very similar design characteristics to the Mystics

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Had one for awhile, it was plenty fast but wasn't as maneuverable as my other Tomo's. Tried a bunch of different fin setups, quad went best but there are other models I think go better.

I had a ...lost Weekend Warrior that went just about the same.

May 18, 2016
Any new, additional ride reports on the Mescaline?

Have my eye on one that is slightly more stub dimensions at 5'5" x 19 5/8. I love surfing wide tailed, fast little "grovel" boards and I'm looking for one that will perform well when the waves are decent, not just grovel. I surf a VS Manta in really small waves, and I've been surfing a 5'2" Fling in our average fun sized swell (waist - chest, maybe weaker shoulder). I have a Tomo Vanguard that I like on the few days we get when it's head+.

I'm looking for a board that's a little more dependable than the Fling for the chest+/- zone, but I'd love to keep it short, straight outline and wide tail. I never like surfing normal shortboard shapes (even the modern neckbeard types). I also don't like retro twin fin types.

The Mescaline seems like it could be weird enough to fit my kooky preferences. Kinda like a mash-up of my Vanguard and Fling? Stubby, straight-ish outline, with a wide fast tail, but the Tomo tail design should allow more performance and more hold than a fling?

Thoughts? Hate? Any feedback for me?

Reactions: Aardwolf
Sep 1, 2019
Any new, additional ride reports on the Mescaline?

Have my eye on one that is slightly more stub dimensions at 5'5" x 19 5/8. I love surfing wide tailed, fast little "grovel" boards and I'm looking for one that will perform well when the waves are decent, not just grovel. I surf a VS Manta in really small waves, and I've been surfing a 5'2" Fling in our average fun sized swell (waist - chest, maybe weaker shoulder). I have a Tomo Vanguard that I like on the few days we get when it's head+.

I'm looking for a board that's a little more dependable than the Fling for the chest+/- zone, but I'd love to keep it short, straight outline and wide tail. I never like surfing normal shortboard shapes (even the modern neckbeard types). I also don't like retro twin fin types.

The Mescaline seems like it could be weird enough to fit my kooky preferences. Kinda like a mash-up of my Vanguard and Fling? Stubby, straight-ish outline, with a wide fast tail, but the Tomo tail design should allow more performance and more hold than a fling?

Thoughts? Hate? Any feedback for me?
Did you ever pick one up? How'd it go?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Reviews I've seen have been just alright, like it didn't do any one thing well. but I've always been curious about this model because I've had good experiences with Tomos & CC's boards. If I saw one in my size on CL, I'd probably pull the trigger.

Last edited: