Christenson Lane Splitter

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
I don't ask for deals, they've been extended quite often as is probably the case with many members here if you surf well and are surfing in the same circles as shapers or their brand's reps. It's kind of a marketing tool for them and they'll offer discounts to entice someone to try their shapes.
I do surf with my shaper, when he gives me a little deal, I will gladly take it. I was just saying I don't ask go out of my way asking for deals. I realize how tough it is to make a living making boards as it is. I try and do art/logo trades with local shapers. I haven't surfed a contest in 35 years so I'm not getting the "team" discounts anymore that's for sure :)

csarqui

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 11, 2009
There weren't many reviews or ride reports on this thread. Any ride reports yet?

Jul 29, 2018
There weren't many reviews or ride reports on this thread. Any ride reports yet?
I’ve got a 5’7. Quite loose and lively. But rail holds well and more HP than fish. I’m still yet to take it in really good surf but the few nice waves I’ve had in it it’s was great. But not really a groveller. Loves a steep face. I assume that’s due to the down rails on it.
the closest board I have to the feeling is my Morning of the earth tracks Twinny. Putting them next to each other they are almost identical ( apart from the swallow tail and the rolled vee on the lane splitter is much more pronounced)

Oct 8, 2019
I’ve got a 5’7. Quite loose and lively. But rail holds well and more HP than fish. I’m still yet to take it in really good surf but the few nice waves I’ve had in it it’s was great. But not really a groveller. Loves a steep face. I assume that’s due to the down rails on it.
the closest board I have to the feeling is my Morning of the earth tracks Twinny. Putting them next to each other they are almost identical ( apart from the swallow tail and the rolled vee on the lane splitter is much more pronounced)
Thanks for the input. Now its hard to decide between Lane Splitter and tracks twinny (or maybe LBOH?)

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for the input. Now its hard to decide between Lane Splitter and tracks twinny (or maybe LBOH?)
I think the LBOH is more fish than Twinny if that makes sense. But I could be wrong.
Depends on what you’re after I guess. But I’d say the lane splitter is more HP than the tracks Twinny. But only just.

Reactions: jimmyca1219

csarqui

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 11, 2009
Regarding your 5’7, are you happy with the size for your weight and height? I’m 5’11 175lbs and considering getting the same.

Jul 29, 2018
Regarding your 5’7, are you happy with the size for your weight and height? I’m 5’11 175lbs and considering getting the same.
I’m 5’8 and and about your weight. The 57 is just right. I wouldn’t want it any smaller. In litres I would say approximately 29 L

csarqui

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 11, 2009
In that absence of any real footage on these models, I found this interesting. Average surfer, average waves.

Reactions: jkb

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
In that absence of any real footage on these models, I found this interesting. Average surfer, average waves.

Sooo average. Did not make the Lane Splitter look fun, which needs a better/cleaner wave. More comfortable on the Ocean Racer, where the planing hull did more of the work for him.

Reactions: MathDebater