Christenson Fish vs Machado GoFish

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah, haha the only keel fin set I have is the Piggybacks. Put them in and the rear edge of the fin base definitely doesn’t hit the shaper’s dot. I measured and it’s about 7” from the front of the box to the dot.1596413496195.png1596413524060.png

Dec 23, 2018
Venice California
5’2” CC monarch (maybe called chawk now) shaped for rob machado. was my first twin fin. Fell in love with twins because of this board. paddled into waves so easily. worked well even on the smaller days. Fast and loose off the tail. Tons of drive. favorite Board ever. rode the crap out of it. Profile picture is the same board.
71EBA2C5-5976-41AD-A382-C0CE6B3F467B.jpeg

got the 5’1” FW gofish after my Monarch. was running the machado keel fins from fins unlimited. Same template as the futures machado keels but solid Fiberglass instead of the honeycomb material. Was definitely a fun board. Eps Construction felt Way different (much Lighter). the gofish felt more HP than the monarch But still preferEd the monarch over the gofish. The monarch just felt more solid cause poly but the gofish did have its moments Cause it was more agile.

picked up a 5’0” CC traditional fish after and didn’t really like it as much as the monarch or the gofish so I let go of it pretty quick

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yeah, haha the only keel fin set I have is the Piggybacks. Put them in and the rear edge of the fin base definitely doesn’t hit the shaper’s dot. I measured and it’s about 7” from the front of the box to the dot.View attachment 95684View attachment 95685
Try these for maximum hold and drive (I recommend blue)...

Or these for a “neutral” keel...

Reactions: tedshred5

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Duff - curious for a comparison photo of the hobie vs CI keel template if you can spare the effort/time.

agree 100% about the hobie template and have been looking for something modern with futures base that doesn’t move the trailing edge too far forward.

rmoisio

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 20, 2008
California
I'm still swimming around in the Fish cool-aid bowl. Can anybody describe the difference between the 2 in regards "wave catch-ability", "drive", and "performance"? I'm mostly interested in something that gets in early and races down the line with ease. It's unfair to compare the 2 following videos considering that one is an x-pro, but there's not much out there for the Christenson.

I have a fish by stamps as well as Chris christenson. both boards are superfun, the stamps fish is probably a bit more neutral vs. christenson being more frontfooted. however, once the christenson engages on a good wave, there is no other board like that. love it.