Chris Rock vs Will Smith

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I just have one question.

How/why tf wasn't Will Smith ushered out of the venue immediately following the incident? They should have followed him to his seat and removed him on the spot.

I just can't figure this one out. Under the circumstances it was the responsibility of the hosts of the show to remove the aggressor from the event but they did nothing.

I am mystified by the way this was handled by the Academy.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

How/why tf wasn't Will Smith ushered out of the venue immediately following the incident? They should have followed him to his seat and removed him on the spot.

I just can't figure this one out. Under the circumstances it was the responsibility of the hosts of the show to remove the aggressor from the event but they did nothing.

Because he’s will smith. And If he resisted, well, you know the narrative that would follow if they actually had to do their job .
. . :drowning:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

Cuz A-listers are like royalty in American culture and normal rules don’t apply. He seemed to be well aware of what he could get away with, assuming it was for real.

Reactions: keenfish

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

Well it was fake, so...

Uhoh, was the guy on the left dating that turtle JOB rode?

Nick Kron

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
The Orange Curtain
Unfortunately, yesterday I had to drop my coworker off at her house in Hollywood and decided to exit Highland off 101 south. That added 20 minutes to the trip. If not for that, I'd have be in the same boat.
orchestrated Ratings pump. No security action, performed by 2 actors - who probably don't surf :sneaky: :monkey: