Chic-fil-LGBTQIA+

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So you mean people don't vote with their wallets like you claimed?
I do, I don’t know about you :unsure: We would have no Fair Trade coffee, Whole Foods or organic foods movement if people didn’t spend money according to their values, which is exactly what the dumb bitch in the video is complaining about.

As for me, I see the pride thing as nothing more than marketing so it doesn’t sway my decision one way or another as to whether I buy their products. Its ultimately the product quality and service that counts first and foremost, and if they have a better environmental policy, pay better wages (which chic fil a does btw), or other policies that are at least a step up from wal mart or McDs then I am more likely to spend my money with them.

Also, Popeye's rules all, if you crave grease chicken.
Don’t have them where I like to stop but yeah, I’d agree. I only eat this kinda stuff when I’m on the road and strapped for time.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I vote with my wallet constantly. Mostly by trying to buy made in USA, but one time I was looking at some Tom shoes. They told me if I bought them a poor 3rd world child would get a pair as a result.

I said fuck no then. That’s not the way world works. No such thing as a free lunch. Plus wouldn’t the little bastard rather have clean water, the malaria vaccine, or protection from the monkeys always trying to raid the village gardens???
Fucker prob doesn’t even wear shoes.

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I do, I don’t know about you :unsure: We would have no Fair Trade coffee, Whole Foods or organic foods movement if people didn’t spend money according to their values, which is exactly what the dumb bitch in the video is complaining about.

As for me, I see the pride thing as nothing more than marketing so it doesn’t sway my decision one way or another as to whether I buy their products. Its ultimately the product quality and service that counts first and foremost, and if they have a better environmental policy, pay better wages (which chic fil a does btw), or other policies that are at least a step up from wal mart or McDs then I am more likely to spend my money with them.

Don’t have them where I like to stop but yeah, I’d agree. I only eat this kinda stuff when I’m on the road and strapped for time.
Which businesses are you boycotting?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Which businesses are you boycotting?
:roflmao:
I don’t “boycott” anyone. I generally try to spend my money where I get the best quality product, therefore I don’t have to throw it into a landfill and buy the same thing from some manufacturer in China soon after. So generally not Walmart unless I need something in a pinch and it’s literally the only option, which has happened with an investment property I own.

Food wise I prioritize animal welfare as much as possible and only eat fast food when I am driving and short on time. There is far more ethically raised meat available now than there was when I was growing up which yes, is from consumers voting with their dollars.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I prefer to buy local and sometimes will pay a small premium for supporting the loc's. Other than that IDGAF.
Well, exactly.

GrapesDad wants to beleive that people won't patronize an unethical business or those who support bigotry.

Not many people boycott businesses, not enough affect any business.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So you're not voting with you wallet as you claimed.
Like I said, I mostly avoid the places who's business practices I don't like and spend the majority of my discretionary dollars where it supports better ways of doing things and if possible, where the dollars stay more local. I won't say that I "boycott" walmart because I don't avoid them 100%, but I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've spent money there in the last 2 decades. So yeah, basically a boycott for practical purposes.

I don't put any stock in any business's virtue signaling on various hot button issues. How they produce their product and treat their people is what ultimately matters, and whenever possible I prefer to support those companies when the product quality is at least equal.

GrapesDad wants to beleive that people won't patronize an unethical business or those who support bigotry.
Where the fook did I say that :unsure: :roflmao: Many people don't have any awareness one way or the other. I can only speak for myself. Either way, you are implicitly supporting the business practices of that business with every dollar you spend whether you want to admit or not.

Not many people boycott businesses, not enough affect any business.
I agree that the change seems impossible but over time the increments add up and corporations do respond when it affects their bottom line. If corporations didn't listen then we wouldn't have organic foods in corporate grocery stores or electric cars.

Your gotcha desperation is palpable with this one.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I agree that the change seems impossible but over time the increments add up and corporations do respond when it affects their bottom line. If corporations didn't listen then we wouldn't have organic foods in corporate grocery stores or electric cars.

Your gotcha desperation is palpable with this one.
Yeah Walmart is doing terribly, Amazon too.

How long should we wait?

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah Walmart is doing terribly, Amazon too.

How long should we wait?
I never said we would turn giant corporations into equitable and fair places to work where everyone makes a living wage and it’s sunshine and rainbows everywhere.

What I’ve said is that change is possible when enough people demand it, which is why we have things like fair trade coffee, ethically sourced gem stones, organic foods, electric cars, solar panels etc.

What I’ve also said is that you are supporting those companies with every dollar you spend whether you want to admit it or not and that yes, you do have a choice. Nobody is forcing me to use an iPhone built with cheap Chinese labor to reply to your weak gotchas. Someday future generations may look down on us for that, just like we do at past generations that owned slaves.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I never said we would turn giant corporations into equitable and fair places to work where everyone makes a living wage and it’s sunshine and rainbows everywhere.

What I’ve said is that change is possible when enough people demand it, which is why we have things like fair trade coffee, ethically sourced gem stones, organic foods, electric cars, solar panels etc.

What I’ve also said is that you are supporting those companies with every dollar you spend whether you want to admit it or not and that yes, you do have a choice. Nobody is forcing me to use an iPhone built with cheap Chinese labor to reply to your weak gotchas. Someday future generations may look down on us for that, just like we do at past generations that owned slaves.
You claimed that people would take unethical business out of the market by voting with their wallets.
We've been over this million times, everytime you shilled for corporations.

LET TUH MARKUT DECEDE

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You claimed that people would take unethical business out of the market by voting with their wallets.
I never said that it “would” happen, dumfuk. I said that enough people could make them change their ways if they spent their money accordingly, and I’ve provided about half a dozen examples where positive changes have been made.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
:roflmao:
I don’t “boycott” anyone. I generally try to spend my money where I get the best quality product, therefore I don’t have to throw it into a landfill and buy the same thing from some manufacturer in China soon after. So generally not Walmart unless I need something in a pinch and it’s literally the only option, which has happened with an investment property I own.

Food wise I prioritize animal welfare as much as possible and only eat fast food when I am driving and short on time. There is far more ethically raised meat available now than there was when I was growing up which yes, is from consumers voting with their dollars.
WTF
It sounds like you are the most Woke here!
Congrats
:cheers:

• Love