Chemistry Surfboards

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
I’ve had 2 — a boombastik and a flashpoint. Sold them both at a discount. The boombastik felt slow for some reason (maybe user error, but I couldn’t make sections I’m used to making), and the flashpoint had that suctiony feel whereby you can’t “break traction” and drop early into the wave. But when I did make the drop in time, wow it went fast.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I also couldn't connect with the boombastik I had, but I will say the glassing was excellent.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I rented one down in Puerto Rico once and ended up surfing well overhead Surfer's Beach on it and it went great. It was like a 6'0 round tail little bit fuller than a HPSB but not much. Maybe a Boombastik? Was impressed.

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
I have had several boards from them. they all worked well and the quality was excellent. I like that they are not so big that you can not interact with the shaper.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
glassing was really solid on the one my friend has, PU been on it for 5 years off and on.
d3 the third , more HP version of the Disc model. Round tail grovelor that has a pretty good upper end and still works great in small stuff, and I mean puddle jumper territory.

Was really impressed. Rode it 3-4 times in knee to chest high and round tail felt great. Futures f6? with inner foil felt really springy on it. (i think an older set because it didnt look like any of the new blackstix but it definetely had an inner foil. He is 160 and i was riding it at 140 ish and although over volumed it still cranked hard in the pocket and was disgustingly fast. made some very crazy floaters had me feeling like mason. I think it was a stock 5'7" ~28 liters maybe? Was a bit wide on the paddling for my skinny ass but it wasn't too bad. Most overvolumed shortboard that wasn't too clunky for me

Last edited:
Reactions: MathDebater
Nov 21, 2022
Has anyone tried the marzos mix? East coast surfer here looking for a high performance board that is step-up ish without being a total "turn and go" barrel board that just sits in the pocket. Worried about the rocker on that thing and curious what everyones favorite HPSB from Chem is

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
had two zenagains. Did what they were supposed to do, amazing on steep late drops. I got to use them twice a year or so when we actually had good waves. No low end.

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
had one several years ago that worked great. picked up on CL and rode it til I broke it. Would def be open to getting another one