Cheating death in the DR

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
$34 fine :ROFLMAO:

there’s a strong argument you want experienced surfers in the water and to not discourage that. They are the last line of defense. So many instances of surfers saving swimmers when the lifeguards have clocked out at 5. I’ve saved a handful.

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
The way it works here in New England is that if there are 5 foot waves generated by a hurricane, all the beaches are closed.
If there are 12 foot waves generated by a Nor'easter, no problem at all to go in the water.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
The way it works here in New England is that if there are 5 foot waves generated by a hurricane, all the beaches are closed.
If there are 12 foot waves generated by a Nor'easter, no problem at all to go in the water.
Yep. New England is a joke with that.

not that I ever had a problem when I lived up there. It always seemed the popular public Beaches that were usually shitty anyway were the only ones patrolled.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Sounds like New Jersey. Had a couple of friends arrested around 1987 after we were are all barred from surfing perfect 2-foot overhead waves during a hurricane. These two snuck past everyone and made a run for it. Surfed it until they had their fill and came in and then off to the police station.