Chappelle - Butthurt Provocateur

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Are there ANY standup comedians out there that don’t have 20 minutes of woke/Millenial mockery written into their set?

Whatever. I’m just here to say JOE ROGAN.

Somebody DM me when this country can watch a comedian without collapsing into a puddle of pi$$ anymore. :eek:
As a society we have lost the ability to laugh at ourselves.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Oh, Yeah, Definitely
and I stand behind that statment
The politics forum, including that thread, is an overflowing cesspool of recycled sh*t
You come here and talk sh!t about the loosers in the political section and you don't think us loosers are gonna to hear about it? :trout:

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
A lot of these guys spend time just complaining about wokeness etc but then get a multi million dollar show saying they cant talk about anything. While some concerns are valid, a lot of the circlejerk and then the counter circlejerk is exhausting. Most of the people who get legitimately cancelled or temporarily on probation are Chris Delia, Louie CK, people who actually were doing questionable behavior.

so much of the "twitter mob" or outrage can be boiled down to a handful of tweets some journalism student spun into a clickbait article.

I saw Joe in houston a few years back and he actually had a pretty good show. He isn't the best material wise but he knows how to work a crowd very well. His showmanship was impressive especially for a large arena show.

Was reading about how Bill Burr has had a hard time because once you get that big, people will eat up anything you put out.
He said the pandemic was good for him because he had to put a lot more effort in to make people laugh either on virtual shows, or smaller more obscure club crowds that weren't frothing at the bit like an arena show. Helped him hone is craft.

Any good standup bits yall seen recently?

Reactions: surf-shot.com

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
i saw rogan live once, it was a fun show but he talked about how he smoked weed for like half the set which was kind of lame. Like every time there was a pause or something, or a joke didn't go off as intended w/ crowd reaction he would throw in a "I'm so high rn" or something similar. Like we get it bro, you are a stoner, nobody cares

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Love Chappelle, but I must not have been paying attention the last few years since I didn't realize he was so at war with LGBTQ community. Not disagreeing with him, just not my idea of a comedy special.

Definitely echo Nate Bargatze. I've watched all his stuff over and over.

Shane Gillis' youtube special is good too. The joke about the guy who came up with the special olympics is :roflmao:
"I got an idea..... We should be racing these motherf'ers."

Reactions: Rlacey111

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
There are tons of celebs that have, after achieving mainstream success, taken on the mantel of “stand-up”. Before fame and fortune smiled on these hacks they would have been booed off the stage and starved in anonymity. Special recognition to Roseanne Barr for claiming she was turning tricks at truck stops early in her professional career. Also, Pauly Shore is self-aware enough to talk about his parents letting him perform at the comedy club they owned.

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
I'm in my sixties so I grew up with comedy that you can no longer do. Carlin, Pryor, Murphy, etc. For me, if it's funny, I don't care who you offend. One rule, be funny. Chapelle is funny. I think it's an incredibly difficult gig to stand up in front of a crowd and with nothing but your wits, earn a living. Maybe the hardest gig in showbiz.

This guy was freaking funny to me......he couldn't get a gig today.

Sam Kinison on gays - YouTube

Sam Kinison: Breaking the Rules - Homosexual Necrophilia REACTION - DaVinci REACTS - YouTube

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My wife and I watch Raw and Delirious occasionally. Laugh til it hurts. Yeah I don’t know if he could pull off some of that material now a days

the Mr T bit alone would offend countless groups in a few sentences

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I'm in my sixties so I grew up with comedy that you can no longer do. Carlin, Pryor, Murphy, etc. For me, if it's funny, I don't care who you offend. One rule, be funny. Chapelle is funny. I think it's an incredibly difficult gig to stand up in front of a crowd and with nothing but your wits, earn a living. Maybe the hardest gig in showbiz.

This guy was freaking funny to me......he couldn't get a gig today.

Sam Kinison on gays - YouTube

Sam Kinison: Breaking the Rules - Homosexual Necrophilia REACTION - DaVinci REACTS - YouTube
Richard Pryor
B!tch, you don't give me no pvssy Ima fvck this couch

Richard : Ima go find me some new pvssy
Wife: If you'd had two more inches of d!ck, you'd find some new pvssy right here

At 14 years old, I thought I was gonna **** my pants laughing