Channel bottoms and V2 foil fins

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Glass/retro Stretches went bit wonky. I will go lost Blue next, either thruster or quad-possibly with nubster.

BTW. Retood you are the "fin dialer", props! This may be out of your wheelhouse but Lost RNF Retro has its moments with controllers but honestly I'd prefer top free things up a bit. I was thinking maybe T1 fronts with .375 trailers or the mayhem blue or yellow(although that maybe a bit small for that much tail). Thanks!
Try am2 fronts with the controller rears

T1 as fronts might be hard to tip on rail even with small trailers

Reactions: chilly1

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I have a short round with channels. Sf4 and never look back. Fast as a mofo cr500 wfo 6th gear pinned. Qk with channels would be sweet. Pics?
That sounds incredible! I love my SR, on my second one. I likely should have tried channels on SR a model I already know and love. Like an old Hammon R Pin I had that I copied with belly channels that fadded to 0 at rail (I think thats the ticket). Incredible speed but still smooth and running same fins as the original. Old FCS plugs would blow out every other surf tho

What fins u running on what dims?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: fargy483
Jul 21, 2015
Nice stuff! My dims are 5.5 x 19.25 x 2.32 27L. Had good success with Stretch fins as a thruster and quad in FCS2. As a thruster, I've used GMB fins with good luck too. I am gonna try am2 thrusters soon.
This is also my short round. my first was the japanese dims with a wide body.
It is my first board with channels though. not sure if its a mental thing but if waves are not clean i dont even bother with it.
I want to get a QK for curvier/hollower waves.

That sounds incredible! I love my SR, on my second one. I likely should have tried channels on SR a model I already know and love. Like an old Hammon R Pin I had that I copied with belly channels that fadded to 0 at rail (I think thats the ticket). Incredible speed but still smooth and running same fins as the original. Old FCS plugs would blow out every other surf tho

What fins u running on what dims?

Last edited:
Reactions: chilly1